New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hi - 93 civic DX hatchback

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Default Hi - 93 civic DX hatchback

It's COMPLETELY stock with a 4-speed automatic transmission.

I think its engine is a 1.5L 102HP.

I want to upgrade this sucker into a street racing mother but I don't want any stupid body kits to make it look like a ricer or anything. What do you guys suggest? I want this make this thing blaze.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hi - 93 civic DX hatchback

What do you guys suggest?
dont street race.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:33 PM

I was only hypothetically speaking of course. Of course I'm not going to street race. I don't just don't want this car to sit around and want to put it to use.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:43 PM
HCF Member

your best bet is a motor swap. if you had a 5-speed, it might be worth building your stock motor for a nice little turbo setup, but if your going to make it a beast adn are going to have to swap the tranny anyway, get the whole b-series swap. do you want an all-motor beast? or do you plan on doing a nice turbo/supercharged setup? how much do you have to spend? and is it going to be a straightline car only?

Old 01-09-2005, 01:50 PM

got under $7500 to spend on parts not including installations. what do you think is more efficient in the long run providing more power and speed--turbo/supercharge or motor?

Old 01-09-2005, 02:03 PM
HCF Member

its all different. if you drive it every day and like to have power everywhere in the powerband, but dont mind leaving it how it is once its modded up. then a supercharger is a good bet. it wont give the ultimate power like a turbo, but it will give you good power from idle to redline, a turbo is powered by wasted exhaust gases, so it takes a little more engine speed to get the power going. most good street kits have full torque, or close to it, by about 2500-3000 rpms. but for a fast, noisy, daily driver, an all-motor type r powered civic is hard to beat. the sound of a high powered dohc vtec at full-song is hard to compare anything to. and a well-setup ITR motor in a well-setup civic hatch should get you into the 13s. if you get the type r though, dont plan on going FI, the compression is too high to make it feasible. if you want to go all-out FI, get the usdm gsr with an lsd transmission and build it, or run lower boost on it stock. a boosted gsr with a few bolt-ons and a kinda small turbo netted high 12s for one of the users on here in a '98 civic, which is a little heavier than yours.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:23 PM

okay.

I'm not current familiar with all of the parts you just mentioned..so help me lay it out please

i'm thinking of:

tranny swap [4spd --> 5spd manual]
engine swap [?]
supercharger [?]
anything else missing? [brands/models..etc]

Old 01-12-2005, 12:01 AM
HCF Member

just do either an integra gsr motor, then put a turbo on it, or do an integra type r motor and leave it mostly alone. maybe some cams and an intake manifold, but dont get too involved with anything extensive. those motors are too expensive to blow up.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:29 AM

what year integra type r motor would be suitable for my civic? estimate costs?

Old 01-12-2005, 01:11 PM

lose the hatchback and automatic tranny go with a 93 si coupe hatch backs just dont work and racing an automatic isnt worth doin up

Quick Reply: Hi - 93 civic DX hatchback