New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hi all, this is my ride....

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 05:58 PM
Default RE: Hi all, this is my ride....

A man who appreciates my sense of humour and street races... I think Im in love too At this stage the only "performance" mod is a full stainless steel genie exhaust system. But I have HUGE plans... either a b22 with a vortec and a front mount, double clutch plate, all round brembros and all round lowered bilsteins...... or an SR20 with the same brakes and suspension....
Love ya lots
DQ
xxx

Old 07-14-2004, 03:34 PM
HCF Member

you're lucky you're cute. J/K. i think the engine you want is the H22 out of the 93and up Prelude. and the sr20, though a bad *** motor, is a nissan motor and therefore not worth the trouble it would take to put in your civ., anything is possible with enough money, but Honda makes too many bad *** motors to pay that much money for an sr20 swap. also, i dont suggest the vortech. the powerband is too narrow to be worth it. go with a greddy, drag, edelbrock, turbonetics, etc. turbo kit. it will give you more flexibility than a supercharger, as well as probably end up being cheaper. if you want a supercharger, go with the jackson racing blower, it is designed to give you more power in the low end than the vortech or the turbo. as for the motor, the H22 is a good choice, but the transmissions are known for having problems with high power output. ive heard rumors about an adapter plate to bolt up a b-series transmission to an H22, but it is very expensive. i'd go with a b18b non-vtec, a b20(b20b for turbo or supercharger, b20z for NA) non-vtec, a b18c1 or c5 vtec, b16a2 vtec, or put a turbo on your single cam motor. whatever you decide to do, just ask us in these forums for any advice you need, or you could even pm me as ive done a b-series swap in my civ. so maybe i could help you out. good luck, and nice car!

Old 07-14-2004, 04:53 PM

Im a big fan of the vortec after working at Driftking Performance, a tuning workshop out here down under.... If you set them up right, they fly! And yeah, I always put the letter wrong, just a habit from the b16 and b18. Was looking at a H22 with a T66 Garrett, but the turbo lag would be too great, you'd be looking at 4500 before the boost kicks in. I have posted what I am intending to do with the transa under another messaage somewhere, only an idiot would put that much power under the hood and not upgrade either that or the brakes.... and I am no idiot (3 years of mechanics apprenticeship, and an ex circuit and rally driver - not your typical chick.... ) And that is exactly why I want the supercharger, I like low end power... Greddy and Edelbrock yeah, but I am a fan of Garrett and HKS personally.... As for the Nissan Engines, as much as I love my hondas, Nissans really do make some impressive engines (sorry all!)! Nice to hear from you and thanx, drop me a pm some time.
Love DQ
xxx

Old 07-14-2004, 05:10 PM
HCF Member

damn. very impressive, a girl that not only knows what shes talking about, but knows what im talking about too. most girls just BS through a conversation and come off looking stupid. and i have to agree, nissan makes some bad *** motors. honda, nissan, and the 4g63T from mitsubishi are very impressive. im having fun trying to learn the 4g in our Evo8. a far cry from my little high reving b16, but impressive nonetheless.

Old 07-14-2004, 09:13 PM

Lol I have to agree on the most girls part... Thats why women as a rule annoy the hell out of me... Mmmmm the 4g63T isn't bad... but I am a Honda, Nissan and RX-7 FD series girl through and through (I know, most of you are probably going AAARGH! ROTARY!!!) .... Thank you for the compliments too, open to chat anytime
DQ
xxx[sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 07-14-2004, 09:25 PM
HCF Member

once you get to know the rotorys, you have to respect them. they confuse most people but with an almost infinite redline(with the right work done) and no reciprocating mass trying to tear itself apart, its pretty sweet. anyone who gives you crap about not liking them is ignorant.

Old 07-14-2004, 09:53 PM

Damn me if I don't think Im in love![sm=smiley2.gif] My usual response to the whole "rotarys suck" statement is "Have you ever driven an FD?" Even the good ole 12A and 13B's are good engines if you look at the power that you get out of them. And the options! Bridge port, Pariferal port, turbo... the list goes on! I just love the fact that the more you rape the guts out of the acceleration, the more they scream for it... you have to respect that. Thats why they are so much fun in touge.. even if the set up isn't totally the best for it...
Love as always
DQ []
xxx

Old 07-15-2004, 06:53 AM
HCF Member

I agree... rotarys are pretty amazing. All that power with no friction. Those engine will last forever.

Old 07-15-2004, 11:11 AM
HCF Member

sorry honey, im married;-) , yeah the rotorys are cool but they dont last forever because the apex seals give out too damn easy. under boost, if you get just one or two small detonations it will tear the crap out of them, but i know of the NA motors getting 200+K miles before a rebuild. you just hafta run the turbos slobbery *** rich.

Old 07-15-2004, 11:58 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sacicons

sorry honey, im married;-) , yeah the rotorys are cool but they dont last forever because the apex seals give out too damn easy. under boost, if you get just one or two small detonations it will tear the crap out of them, but i know of the NA motors getting 200+K miles before a rebuild. you just hafta run the turbos slobbery *** rich.
My friends early 90's RX7 with a turbo II has 270,000 miles on it... HARD MILES, believe me. Those engine take it like a champ!

Quick Reply: Hi all, this is my ride....