New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

hi from KY

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:21 AM
HCF Member
Default hi from KY

I'm Favre, the proud owner of an EK coupe, with VTEC. I'm in the long process of turning my car from "rice" to "nice," as the previous owner left me with a bunch of ricey mods like a crappy short-ram intake, crappy exhaust (RActive brand, it looked like he used a Sawzall on the original muffler and used metal ratchet bands to affix the new muffler to the stock pipe...wtf, honestly?), crappy tint and an interior that had been through all manner of hell. I've had the car about a year and a half now, and since then I've installed a new AEM intake, new exhaust (albeit stock), 17x7 Motegi US-7 rims with Falken rubber, Integra front seats (the rears aren't compatible), a Pioneer sound system with a Boston G10 sub and a Boston amp, Dynamat lining, B&M short shifter, JDM Civic floormats, 35% VLT window tint, custom Cadillac Diamond White Tricoat Pearl paint (huge ups to Jamie Davis of Somerset, KY, he did an AWESOME job), and a Viper keyless entry system is in the mail. I've started flocking the interior, beginning with the center console--pics will come soon. I plan on making my car into my idea of what Honda should have done with the EK from the factory. As I commute to school on a daily basis, comfort takes priority over all-out power, so things like cages and race seats are out of the question. I want my car to be the only one like it in the country, a harmonic balance between comfort and speed.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:25 AM
HCF Member

Peep the pics.

Attached Thumbnails hi from KY-100_1920.jpg   hi from KY-100_1925.jpg   hi from KY-100_1930.jpg   hi from KY-100_2263.jpg   hi from KY-100_2264.jpg  

Last edited by packersfan117; 11-10-2009 at 10:42 AM. Reason: added more pics
Old 11-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

looks nice, u gonna lower it

Old 11-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Super Cereal Admin

W00t another guy from the 859!

Welcome to the forums... any updated pictures with the motegis and whatnot?

Old 11-09-2009, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by packersfan117
I'm Favre, the proud owner of an EK coupe, with VTEC.
woot! vtec!............................................. .................niiiiice

JDM Civic floormats, 35% VLT window tint, custom Cadillac Diamond White Tricoat Pearl paint (huge ups to Jamie Davis of Somerset, KY, he did an AWESOME job), and a Viper keyless entry system is in the mail.
The jdm red floormats? Pics, pics pics. BTW, I am liking the cleanliness of the paint and body!

Welcome to HCF! What type of future mods are you planning on doing? Suspension? motor-related?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:38 AM
HCF Member

Sadly I couldn't get the red floormats, just the black ones. I got them from PWJDM, so i am assuming they're JDM, but it could be USDM stuff posted on their site...idk, kinda new at this.

i will be lowering it, probably in the spring. The interior's been bugging the hell out of me, so i'm gonna get to that before i go any further on the engine and suspension and whatnot. I want to lower it but still have a comfortable ride--anyone have any suggestions as for brands/models/etc?

i want to upgrade the rear brakes to integra disc brakes, the drums have gotta go! I think I'll do that in the spring as well. I'll also be powering up the engine, I've been thinking of Bisimoto pistons/rods/pins/valves/retainers/valve springs and maybe a new intake manifold, and a Tanabe touring medallion exhaust. They're nice and low-key but add a little torque and hp (i live in a pretty quiet neighborhood and i work late a lot, so i don't want to **** off my neighbors with a loud setup). I only have the D16, not the B16, so I don't have as many options as far as building up the engine.

BTW, I am liking the cleanliness of the paint and body!
thanks for the props, I definitely appreciate it!

W00t another guy from the 859!
<=where are you from man? I went to station for high school, you from lex?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:47 AM
HCF Member

here's another of the outside, now i gotta find my camera for some interior pics

Attached Thumbnails hi from KY-100_2265.jpg  
Old 11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Angry Admin

"i'm favre"??? whats that about? fuсk that traitorous bastard.

nice civic. and your name is josh too? hope you dont end up like all the other joshs on this forum... giant asswipes :-X

Edit: reaper(chris) is from bumblefuсk PA but he is now living in bumblefuсk ky.

Last edited by jprommel; 11-10-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

im not a giant asswipe.. im a felon.. get it right XD kthx

Old 11-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Angry Admin

no you just happen to be both. its not like you can only be exclusively an asswipe or a felon. In fact asswipery and being a felon tend to go hand in hand. Now, i'm not saying that all asswipes are felons but the majority of felons are asswipes.