New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

i just joined

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 06:03 PM
HCF Member
Default i just joined

hey im new i got my 99 civic ex about 1 1/2 months ago and i already have my enkei rims, my blitz bodykit and spyder style hood comes in thursday but now i am going to work on my engine but i do not know what i can put on my engine that is bolt on and will give me 10-15 + horsepower i am getting a turbo kit, new pistons, new intake manifold, new fuel injection system, and i plan to bore out my 1.6 sohc vtec but i do not know how much i can do that and not mess up my engine but i need simple cheap parts for right now for little added performance.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:12 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: i just joined

Welcome to the form[&:].I always liked the idea of having a other motor and just work on that to swap in.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:20 PM
HCF Member

personally i would not bore out the engine, it would just proably compromise the integrity of the cylender walls, when you boost it, if you are rebuilding it for boost then that is ok, and you should be able to runs higher amounts of boost without issues then you would if you bored out the block....

and Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay

Old 08-07-2006, 07:33 PM

How long until you get the turbo? If it'll be a while do the whole I/H/E routine and that should put you where you want to be until the turbo comes in. If you're going turbo soon, just get the exhaust and start boosting asap.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:41 PM
HCF Member

I/H/E routine? no i am gonna be a senior in high school right now i work at a transmission shop my dad 40hrs a week but when school starts i will only be workin 25hrs a week but i am not spoiled i have to pay for everything on my car it took me 9 weeks to get enough money to buy my rims body kit and hood so it will be a while til i get my turbo and thanks but i dont have enought money to get another engine and build that and swap it though i was thinking of getting an engine and tranny swap with a b16a1 with everything for around 2,000 then the turbo but i dont know if it will be worth all the trouble

Old 08-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Administrator

if you ask me...and this is just my opinion....you should have waited on the hood and body kit...and went I/H/E..which btw..is Intake/Header/Exhaust

Old 08-07-2006, 07:52 PM

Yeah, go I/H/E, and get a tuning tool like Hondata, or maybe an Apexi SAFC II. Once you get that accomplished, save....alot.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:27 PM
HCF Member

If you are going to do the basic bolt on's, and you don't end up getting the B16, buit still plan on boosting your surrent motor, then don't bother with Headers, you won't be able to use them with a turbo anyway, so save that money for other parts

Old 08-08-2006, 01:49 AM
HCF Member

i most likely am just going to boost this motor so i should just buy the I/E parts of that?

Old 08-08-2006, 07:20 AM
HCF Member

I would buy a motor have it built for a turbo then buy the turbo.I would say take it easy and just save till next summer.

Quick Reply: i just joined