New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

I wanna go fast.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Default I wanna go fast.

hey.

first off, I wanna say hi to everyone registered and secondly, I'd like to warn every one now:

I know next to nothing about cars. I know I like them. I know they can go fast when you buy new parts for them, and I know you have to keep them maintained. Thats about it. lol. Anyway. Now that that's out in the open... I need help. I wanna rice the **** out of my old 1.5l 90 civic hatchback. I'd prefer to work on the suspension first, but its all stock ((well, the engine is a 5speed, not the stock 90 civic engine)), so where should i start first? I'd also like to keep the mods legal for the most part, but im open to all suggestions.

Old 07-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Default RE: I wanna go fast.

well you dont wanna rice it out if you want speed....rice= alteezas,stickers,wings stuff that doesent belong on a civic...if your looking to keep your motor thats in there since its a 90...i suggest a full rebuild...and theres some cheap mods you can do to keep it legal...intake,header,exhaust..i think thats pretty much what everyone starts off at...but im sure you'll get a lot more input...
but besides that [sm=signs003.gif] and [sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 07-03-2005, 05:04 PM
HCF Member

Two words: Engine Swap. Don't waste your time with anything else unless it's an Si, which I'm thinking it's not based on your two posts. Those cars are prime for swapping ou the engines, so I'm going to suggest heavily that you do that. Get a b16 or shoot really high and get a b18 engine for your ride.

Old 07-03-2005, 06:22 PM

You can pretty much learn anything you want by using the search here too.

Welcome

Old 07-03-2005, 06:56 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 07-03-2005, 07:49 PM

welcome

Old 07-03-2005, 09:37 PM

well, i blew a head gasket when i first got it ((faulty throttle)), so i pretty much had to rebuild the head. the works. As for swapping the engine completely out, I dont have the money or even the desire to do so ((yet)).

Old 07-03-2005, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

As long as you stay away from rice then you should have some money left over for engine swap.

Old 07-04-2005, 12:18 AM
HCF Member

As for swapping the engine completely out, I dont have the money or even the desire to do so ((yet)).
Then I don't foresee you going fast. BTW, is it an Si, or DX?

Old 07-04-2005, 03:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

As for swapping the engine completely out, I dont have the money or even the desire to do so ((yet)).
Then I don't foresee you going fast. BTW, is it an Si, or DX?

its a standard civic.

Quick Reply: I wanna go fast.