New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Im New To Mods What Should I Do First?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:56 PM
HCF Member
Default Im New To Mods What Should I Do First?

Wat should i mod first... 96 civic ex... and i think i might get a short ram intake right after but wat should i get after those two...

Old 07-14-2008, 02:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Im New To Mods What Should I Do First?

bump.... and got cold air intake after all lol

Old 07-14-2008, 02:57 PM
HCF Member

exhaust? suspension or audio there are so many options just look on the forum at others cars to see what you like.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:04 PM
HCF Member

if you have a 96 EX and it is American, then you already have a VTEC head on there....

First you should go to the top of every section here on HCF and read every sticky (the topics up at hte top). They will give you lots of good info. From there, no matter if you go N/A or F/I, you'll wnat some suspension mods, so i say thats waht you should do first.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

if you have a 96 EX and it is American, then you already have a VTEC head on there....

First you should go to the top of every section here on HCF and read every sticky (the topics up at hte top). They will give you lots of good info. From there, no matter if you go N/A or F/I, you'll wnat some suspension mods, so i say thats waht you should do first.
What is a good brand and style suspension i dont wanna get something worth **** for suspension i want high quality..... i am open to suggestions i would spend only bout aa thousand on suspension tho

Old 07-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Angry Admin

psst your civic is vtec the d16y8 is vtec... just because doesnt say vtec on valve cover doesnt mean it is. =[ suspension should always come first... gotta be able to handle power and the d16y8 doesnt respond well to i/h/e mods. not worth your money

Old 07-15-2008, 09:18 PM

ORIGINAL: NIKE H34D
What is a good brand and style suspension i dont wanna get something worth **** for suspension i want high quality..... i am open to suggestions i would spend only bout aa thousand on suspension tho
i love my setup. I'm using KYB AGX Shocks/Struts (they're adjustable so you can pick how stiff you want them), and H&R Sport Springs (they lower 1.8" front, 1.6" rear). Also i'm using ebay front and rear upper strut bars. if you get this same setup, I can guarantee that you will love it. I bought the shocks/struts new for $330 shipped on ebay, the springs new for $160 shipped on ebay, and the front and rear strut bars were $25 shipped for each one. So that's $540 for that setup. Not a bad price if you ask me. I also bought KYB compressable strut/shock dust boots from tirerack.com for them. they are better than OEM because on a lowered car the stock ones might squeak. these compress with the struts, and are plastic so that won't happen.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:00 PM

im glad im not the only one that turns to ebay for cheap good looking parts lol

Old 07-17-2008, 06:25 PM
HCF Member

first thing you should do is research...

Old 07-17-2008, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: jermofrejected

im glad im not the only one that turns to ebay for cheap good looking parts lol
yea, ebay's a great place to find brand name parts at good prices. you just gotta know what's good and what's bad.

Quick Reply: Im New To Mods What Should I Do First?