New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

My first time, please be gentle!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 03:12 PM
HCF Member
Default My first time, please be gentle!!!

Well this is my first time posting here, so a llittle about me and my ride. First and foremost, its not a racer, its a rollong stereo system. I have a 2000 EX, its red(in case my screen name dosn't give it away!!!), I bought the car with black leather and the SI wheels,, Mods as of right include an Eclipse CD8445, Infinity perfects in custom kick panels in floor, custome molded tweeter pods for imaging, Infinity perfect subs, Infinity 6x9 in the rear deck, Phoenix Gold Ti 500.4 for the highs, Phoenix Gold Ti 600.2 for the lows, all Phoenix Gold ti Interconnects, and distribution, (pics coming soon), and full custom install done by me .I work at a stereo shop in Shelton, CT., and compete sound quality in IASCA, MECA, and SLAP. I have to compete Pro class because of my affiliation with the industry(lucky me). The body is dressed with a Wings West lip kit all around(i wanted to highlight the body linbes without destroying the factory styling) I installed te factory foglights and trim rings for mildly aggressive look, and modded the grill with some tubing to add a unique look to the factory bumper. Also replaced was the hood with a VIS CF hood. The stock motor has just seized on me and am currently in process of a heart transplant to a J-spec B16A2. Hasport stage one axles, ACT Stage 1 clutch(I like smooth driving), Hassport shift linkage, AEM Cold CAI, AEM fuel reg and fuel rail, AEM Cam gears( I want it pretty also!) oh and an Acura tranny (not sure which one off the top of head) because I bought the motor without tranny. Future mods will be the rear discs off of an Integra, Skunk STage 2 cams, springs and retainers. Well thats about all there is to it for now!! well any questions just ask!!

Old 04-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Default RE: My first time, please be gentle!!!

[sm=welcomesign.gif] TO HCF! sounds nice. def. get some pics up..

Old 04-21-2006, 03:55 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, sounds like a nice whip. Welcome to the forum!

Old 04-21-2006, 04:03 PM

nice ride!

where did you place the tweeters? I've been trying to decide what would give the best imaging but everyone seems to have their own ideas.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:40 PM
HCF Member

holy crap..sounds like you got a dam nice car, you need to post up some pics

welcome!!

Old 04-21-2006, 10:20 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

sounds like you have a good ride....

are you goin to turbo the motor or stay n/a?

Old 04-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Stinky Administrator

hello and welcome to hcf

Old 04-22-2006, 11:23 AM
HCF Member

Remmy: well as much as I would love to turbo the thing I am how do you say broke? Right now I'm just interested in getting the thinbg up and running again, and the basic stuff should hold me over for at least a couple of weeks until I can get the cams and vale train goodies. Oh does anybody know where I can get a metal head gasket from when I do pop the head off for the valves I wanna take care of that issue right off the bat. But I do think I am going to end up N/A. I have a T25 garret w/ internal wastegate but as far as I can tell that is pretty far from ideal for an aftermarket upgrade. I am in the process of rebuilding it but need the rebuild kit first. I also already have a side mount I/C, and stock mitsu BOV from a 2nd(?) gen eclipse. so I have some goodies now for that project but still need a manifold, fmu, and hoses and lines

Old 04-22-2006, 11:45 AM
HCF Member

<---- waiting for pics, Sounds like a really nice ride.

Old 04-22-2006, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Stimpy

nice ride!

where did you place the tweeters? I've been trying to decide what would give the best imaging but everyone seems to have their own ideas.
your tweeters should be placed as close to the mids as possible for best imaging.

Berz out.

Quick Reply: My first time, please be gentle!!!