New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Car Addict

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Default New Car Addict

Hi everyone.

I have always been driving older cars, the type of car that you can't trust at all, the kind of car that makes weird noises as though it will crumble beneeth you.

Recently I have left that poor excuse of a car and bought a flashy new Honda Civic 2003. I bought it with standard because I like control and I like power. I have never been the car buff, but I want to be. It's the four door 30th anniversary model, it's got nice lights and a spoiler and is silver.

I am very competent with computers and I feel I would like to eventualy become as competent with cars. I have always been riding ATVs such as 4 wheelers and ski-doos and occasionaly dirt bikes so I like to rev high naturaly.

But I feel like I'm completely lost with what I have now, I rev this baby up often but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to...I want to invest money to make it look nice and possibly make it more powerful. If anyone could help me out with anything, some kind of reference for some kind of car crash course or a forum on car engines or what ever, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also not very good at identifying cars, my friend seems to be able to name every car he passes. I'd like to know MORE damnit! [:@] Is there some site for some car lingo and car identifying tips out there that someone would share with me?

Anyways, here I am and expect me to be very curious!

About myself, I work in a retail store which offers welding consumables and solutions for anything related to welding and special gases. We used to have a automotive parts product line, but we lost it (damnit!) it was a good one too. Anyhow I am in charge of a couple of things at work, such as purchasing, sales, customer service, inventory management and alot of miscelenous work around the store. I am very skilled with computers, and by that I mean I can take em' apart and back together, build them, troubleshoot them and fix almost any problem, I've never had anyone help me out with computers I've always managed to make em' run smooth and fast. That's what I'd like to accomplish with my Honda Civic , I love martial arts, music, cars, girls , learning and new experiences. About 2 weeks ago I still lived with my father and decided right out of the blue to move out and did so and bought this car at the same time, life is way more different than it was before, I am in charge of my things and I love to live this way.

Anyhow, if you got a tip or two to offer to a newbie, here's your chance!

Thanks and goodbye

Old 10-03-2006, 08:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New Car Addict

Welcome to the site, sounds like you are real interested in cars. Just look around in this site it has a lot of information for your car, and dont worry after looking at cars for a while you just start remembering what they are.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:06 PM

Welcome and remember the search feature is ur friend.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

go to car meets like this one https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_281696/tm.htm and you'll learn real fast.

and don't forget your daily helping of Import Tuner and Honda Tuning magazines. lol.