New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to civic community and proud of it!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New to civic community and proud of it!!!!

Welcome to the forum. What was the question you had about hids?

Old 04-09-2008, 06:45 AM
HCF Member

Well if i could get these new LED tails to work Id be much happier. Still no luck with them. Here is a pic of the Tails I have but cannot install cause of fuse blowing.

[IMG]local://upfiles/30316/35F56E4F6F394BD5AAE1BFBCB08678B4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-09-2008, 06:48 AM
HCF Member

As far as HIDs I was just wanting to upgrade to them but have no clue where to get them, what kind, and where to go to get them installed. What do you think?

Old 04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
HCF Member

Hid installation is a piece of cake..It's just plug and play. I got mine from E-bay. Been having them for almost a yr now, and NO problems at all . If you want to retro-fit them it will look much nicer but it involves more MONEY and time. My set is now available on E-bay for about $90.00 , when I 1st got them, it almost cost me $150.00. Prices are going down so much because almost everybody are selling them on the market now. Prices went down to compete with other sellers.
If interested let me know, I will give you a link from that seller

Old 04-09-2008, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

I think the oem tailights look way better than those nacnudz, but thats my personal opinion.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

If you dont mind shoot me a link to the HIDs. As long as I can see some pics as to how they look at night Ill definately consider them and purchase them asap. I have a look Im looking for in the HIDs. And ill take your word that they're good and easy install. Im still debating on the tails. Its one of those cases where you buy it and the more you look at it, the more you dont like. Ill prolly post them on craigslist this weekend.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:49 PM
HCF Member

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_565082/tm.htm

Look at my old thread....pic of my HID kit 8k...I'll PM the link

Old 04-10-2008, 11:55 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: macbeth18288

Just because you are focused on appearance doesn't mean you're rice and that's not going to cause people here to label you as rice.
Now, if you go and throw lambo doors or throw decals for product that you don't have, then, yes, we may call you rice, haha.
But anyway, welcome to the forum.
Post pics of your progess on the car.
[sm=bs.gif]

Wouldn't lambo doors be focused on appearance?? This is the person who's sole purpose is to rip you apart if you post your ride in the appearance section.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:04 PM
HCF Member

Good catch. No matter what anyone tells me Im not going performance. Maybe in 6 years or after 100,000 miles which ever one comes first cause thats how long my warranty is. I love the the 7th gens body style so apperance it is. Ill be sure to post up some new pics prolly next couple weeks. Got grill w/o emblem, OEM fogs, HI and LOW 10000k HID kits, and Lip being installed real soon.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:47 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Live_4it

ORIGINAL: macbeth18288

Just because you are focused on appearance doesn't mean you're rice and that's not going to cause people here to label you as rice.
Now, if you go and throw lambo doors or throw decals for product that you don't have, then, yes, we may call you rice, haha.
But anyway, welcome to the forum.
Post pics of your progess on the car.
[sm=bs.gif]

Wouldn't lambo doors be focused on appearance?? This is the person who's sole purpose is to rip you apart if you post your ride in the appearance section.
I mentioned lambo doors only because in my personal opinion they really don't belong on a civic.
Lip kits, aftermarket grills, fog lights, that's completely different.
As it has been discussed, ricer is one who make his appearance to look something that he is not
Is a civic a lamborghini? i think not. However a civic DOES have lip kits, fog lights, etc etc.
And no, my sole purpose is not to "rip you apart if you post your ride in the appearance section".
I myself am looking at a lip kit and have thought about fog lights and aftermarket grills and even painting the interior panels inside my car.
What i am not planning to do is two tone paint my car and throw every single decal i can find even though i may not own a part from the company just cause i think it looks cool, in my book that would be rice and i would basically be a hypocrite.
ANd if you don't want to do any type of performance mod, more power to you. It's obviously your car so make it your own, don't let anyone tell you what to do with it. BUT, just remember, if you ask for suggestions on here, you will most likely get an even amount of positive and negative feedback no matter what the product, so just be prepared.
We're all a mixed bunch of people with our own opinions.
SO again, welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: New to civic community and proud of it!!!!