New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

NEW CIVIC OWNER!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Default NEW CIVIC OWNER!!

hello my name is JR [pronounced "j" "r" NOT junior
and it is time for me to buy my first honda.
i drive a lot of miles and need better gas milage. considering and pretty much decided on the honda civic, w 5spd. any thoughts for or against this, and where should i buy it.
i live near nashville but will travel a little if the savings is good enough.
thanks in advance for any and all help and advice.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: best dealer lowest prices

Autotrader is your best bet. You can search for distance, private and dealer sales. www.autotrader.com

A Civic will get you great, reliable miles for many years to come as long as you find one it good shape and you take car of it right. If you can, have a mechanic look over the car before you purchase it.

You've come to the right place for help with taking care of it and even modding it. Welcome to HCF!

Good luck finding one!
Zach

Old 01-28-2008, 08:45 PM

Also, if it's a brand new Civic, remember to contact the dealers through e-mail. You'll be able to work out a better deal. The reason this tends to work is they're fighting for your business to bring you into the dealership. You're not walking into their domain per say.

I paid $20,019 for a 2008 Honda Civic EX Coupe with Navigation. Not a bad deal on the hottest selling car.

If it's used, than your best bet is to search around as the above poster mentioned. The e-mail method isn't the best in that case.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:48 PM
HCF Member

before you look for a civic research the years on here so you can find out info on mods milage power etc very important

Old 01-28-2008, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

jr 4 jc... jc being jesus christ?

Old 01-31-2008, 07:01 PM

YES Jesus Christ is My personal Lord and Saviour
Do you know Him!??!?

AND i just drove home my new 2008 civic Lx 2 door, beautiful dark gray/bronze---not sure the official name of the color.
Love the looks of the car, looking forward to the improved gas milage, got a good price and then offered my worn out truck in trade and got a reasonable price for it.

are there any mods for this car that will improve the gas mileage, i will be putting a lot of miles on this vehicle.

My first HONDA, my wife's second!!!

Old 02-01-2008, 09:50 AM
HCF Member

yes sir i know him... him and i met march 30th of 2006

congrats on the civic though, pretty much any simple bolt on's will improve gas mileage... i/h/e

Old 02-01-2008, 04:02 PM

yea but do you remember where you were when you met HIM!!???!
I ask because a freind of mine that is a chaplain asked me that the other day and i said SURE!!
i remember exactly where i was and most the time i talk about it i include the place as one of the details.
He was sharing with me that the apostle Paul, every time he talked about his conversion, mentioned where he was.
It is like something that important gets imprinted in your memory.
[[[unlike people who lke the philosophy and agree to get wet---they probably don't know where they were or remember details.]]]

MY NEW CIVIC--drove 93 miles my first day and of course had to fill up just to see the milage, 2.5 gal that means 37.2 mpg for my maiden voyage!!! YEA!!!! -
and are you saying cold air intake and aftermarket exhaust and "H" ??? will get me better gas mileage!!?!??

Old 02-01-2008, 04:08 PM

GALAXY GRAY METALIC!!!!
gotta tint the windows, any votes for anything other than black
platinum might look good but i think i'll do black

Old 02-01-2008, 06:31 PM
HCF Member

yep i remember exactly where i was... i was actually by the computer talking to my friend cause i knew where i was headed and didnt want to end up there... and thats when i read 1 peter 3:18 and i was taken back to calvary where i saw that everything was paid for, a good night that was...

i- intake
h- header
e- exhaust

yeah you will get better airflow with all of them, increasing horsepower, but also increasing fuel economy, engine doesnt have to work as hard to pull air in or push exhaust out...

Quick Reply: NEW CIVIC OWNER!!