New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Civic Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 11:01 AM
HCF Member
Talking New Civic Owner!

So I'm not new to the forum, I've been here a few months buttt I registered here before I had even owned a Honda because I knew that I wanted one. So I've been saving my cash up for about 5 months or so with vacations and other vehicles issues picking my pocket I finally got up the money to find something but with less than $2000 to work with I was having a HARD time finding one in decent shape with AC (which is very useful here in the great state of FL)

I knew what I wanted,

96-99 EX 5spd Sedan

I almost settled for a coupe (95), automatic sedan (94) and this 93 that had no AC (none being EX) because well...they were in my price range. BUT! with a lot of faith and a little working I purchased today a 1997 EX Sedan 5spd WITH AC & Heat for $1600

What was the catch? high miles (185) and it has been beat to death by hail. it has dents in the fenders, back wall and roof. The guy started repair on it by replacing the hood but he didn't finish it the rest of the body. and the tint has seen its final days (looks like a home job)

the ad was short and sweet so I didn't expect much (ac, power everything, shifted well, ran good) well it runs GREAT and shifts wonderful

the interior has no rips,
has an aftermarket intake (AEM intake, has some kind of sloped extension put on it)
Aftermarket muffler that does NOT sound like a fart can (thank God)
decent Cd player w/amp and 2 subs in the trunk with oversized box
aftermarket headlights/tailights
and it's lowered
tires put on just 10,000 miles ago

the guy didn't mention any of the aftermarket parts because he was an older guy and probably had no clue it wasn't stock.

so those were my selling points and my way to look past the body, because I know that I can fix all the dings and I planned on painting it anyways and removing those ugly splash decals

(video of car, exhaust clip at end)
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO OF CAR

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions coming up on different threads, I can't wait to start working on this thing. Thanks for looking!

Attached Thumbnails New Civic Owner!-img_0108.jpg   New Civic Owner!-img_0112.jpg   New Civic Owner!-img_0122.jpg   New Civic Owner!-img_0123.jpg   New Civic Owner!-img_0114.jpg  

Last edited by soon2bsick; 01-22-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:59 PM

looks good but yea i wuld take stickers off.. but not a bad start for 1600 and runs lol.. good luck

Old 01-22-2011, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by clean89rex
looks good but yea i wuld take stickers off.. but not a bad start for 1600 and runs lol.. good luck

stickers and badges are coming off, and the paint for that matter. I told myself I wanted a civic with crappy paint so I wouldn't feel bad about primering it and flat black'ing it for a while. and this is just the car to do it

Old 01-22-2011, 03:35 PM
HCF Member

good buy my friend. I spent nearly twice that on my hatch, and it doesn't have A/C. but then again, I only live in Missouri... can't be nearly as bad as Florida. Keep us updated on it! I think a flat black sedan will look pretty slick. I'm going to rattle can mine once it warms up...

Old 01-22-2011, 03:57 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Shandles
good buy my friend. I spent nearly twice that on my hatch, and it doesn't have A/C. but then again, I only live in Missouri... can't be nearly as bad as Florida. Keep us updated on it! I think a flat black sedan will look pretty slick. I'm going to rattle can mine once it warms up...

thanks man, most people don't care for the flat look but I've always thought it looked sweet. *shrug* to each their own

Old 01-22-2011, 04:03 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum!
not feeling the tails lol.
the engine bay looks nice and clean tho!

Old 01-22-2011, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by DaOne
Welcome to the forum!
not feeling the tails lol.
the engine bay looks nice and clean tho!
you and me both! the tails are bright and clear and then the headlights have black casing and dark accents so theres like no match going on. I think I'm either going to switch to a semi-stock looking set on the tails or go for dark ones

Old 01-22-2011, 05:37 PM

i wuld leave the headlights like they r and go 4 black tails but thats my opinion. lol and flat colors look great.. i hate when ppl get custom paint jobs that cost more than the car

Old 01-22-2011, 06:39 PM
HCF Member

I would grab some stock headlights and do the DIY black housing. They would look sweet! lol

Old 01-22-2011, 06:57 PM
HCF Member
Arrow

Originally Posted by DaOne
I would grab some stock headlights and do the DIY black housing. They would look sweet! lol
lol these have black inside them just cant tell cause the glare and they need cleanin real bad.

they look just like these ones

if I were to get rid of them I wouldn't go black I'd go clean & clear but I haven't decided whether or not I'm gonna keep them. all I know is the tail lights gotta go or get tinted or something cause I'm not diggin them at all.

also looking into getting a different set of drop springs, its lowered too much for my taste (yes, yes I did just say that)

Quick Reply: New Civic Owner!