New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to the Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Default New to the Forum

Well where do i start... I guess SUp everyone for one and thanks for the Opp TO be part of this large Honda Family

1st off i got many questions as im trying to do Alotta stuff and being used to American muscle cars these Close net engines of a Honda is crazy confusing

1. Honda Civic 2000 dx (yeah i know dx is pooh)
2. Stock most the way through (rims lowering not)
3. Issues at hand

I got new tach

Superpro Line - base wiring on it Green (tach) red (power) White(light) Black(ground
now most of them are self explanitory

but as for the Green tach i have searched and found so great how toos explainations etc for where to find the placement for this, but all seem to be on older hondas

Does any have a direction or picture of where do i tap into the Tach wire, most chiltons says may be under the Distributor but id rather tap in without dismantling that

Someone mention may be on drivers side in engine bay and look for a blue wire.. Man thats alotta room for error

can anyone help me please

Also here question 2

The amp remote wire does this matter that you remote to power 12.5 volts or will this cause your amp to over power?

does the remote have to be to lower voltage?, most remote ive read only give out 7 volts

I have 2 jl audio and 2 Kenwood KAC-7201 im running a 4 gauage to distributor box and then 2 4guage to amps (i had to disconnect one cause my lights near turned off when the bass hit) so im gettingtwo1.0 power caps

Now what i need to know am i gonna need new Alternator or and drycell battery in the trunk? or inline battery?

okay for now i thinks 2 disputes on my honda is enough

ANY help more questions pictures any thing needed for more info dont hesitate to ask

MAtt
Honda Freak, Soon to BE Honda Pimp
Reconize The Back Stalion
Muwahhaha

Old 12-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Default RE: New to the Forum

[align=left]See below[/align]

Old 12-27-2006, 05:45 AM
Default RE: New to the Forum

well i just found out for my journey home the amps normaly cut out 30 mins use..
i turned sub option in headunit to just 1 outta i think 15 7 being middle setting and no shut off and the dim is only minorly noticable in the dash so combination of them 2 worked (but this still is only one hooked up some humm)

should i run the subs in series or normal bridged?

AS FOR THE SECOND LESS STEREO ORITATED I FOUND THE TACH WIRE WOOHOO got a gage on the dash looking sweet and rewired remotes etc to amps with switches incase of fire no need to cut engine etc

so if you need TACh wire for Honda 2000 civic Ill get a pic or its easy to explain

MAtt