New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:33 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: New to the forum

^ first girl that i have met that talks about her car as a lving thing. +1

Old 02-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Eun

Haha welcome

Old 02-20-2007, 10:38 AM

hey guys, also a newbie..
WASTED from down under...

Old 02-20-2007, 11:16 AM

to get it to stick to the existing worked on parts you will have to sand it down first. when you use resinu need to use cloth like what is on your doors so that makes it easier. if you want to do your dash and stuff like that it is a pain. you have to take the foam stuff off your dash until you see hard plastic. lay fiberglass, use resin, sand, bondo, then sand some more. and you have to take your dash out.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:59 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rhdekhatch

well if you want to paint your interior pieces it would be easy if you took resin to the material that is already on it, let it dry, bondo it, sand it, and then paint it. if you want it to look half way good. just my opinion though. oh and welcome to hcf.
Thanks, allthough I have allready painted allot of peices by just cleaning them with soap and water using scotch brite, sprayed about 2-3 coats of adhesive applicator, 2-3 coats of interior paint from Duplicolor and 2-3 coats of clear coat and let it dry in a 70+ degree after letting them warm up in it too. It has turned out pretty good so far, but who knows it may chip in the future. This car is not going to be perfect. I just tried to treat some of the rust on the body that is only there because the guy who owned it before me tried to fill in the door/molding area with bondo and did not primer all of the areas he sanded down. And he did some wierd fiberglass work to the quarter panel for who knows what reason. I may just need to bring it to a body shop since I am no body man.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:03 AM

well ya i love my civic and i can't believe that it's in the condition that it is now but i'm gonna fix her up when i get a job lol.