HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/)
-   -   New to this forum... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/new-forum-8177/)

Opelin Rob 07-30-2005 10:52 AM

New to this forum...

Hey all,
Im new to this forum and i have a '87 civic 1500. Currently, its my econo box, (which it does pretty well, over the last sever months ive only recorded a sub 30mpg once) as im also working on a turbo rotary powered Opel Gt project. But after i get done with that, i think i might try to do some things to make the civic a little more capable on the various dirt roads that are in the area. Oh, and i live in Nicholson, GA, about 15 minutes from athens and around 1.5 hrs from atl.
-Rob

Patrick 07-30-2005 11:37 AM

RE: New to this forum...

opel GT..what year is that??

welcome to the site!

Opelin Rob 07-30-2005 02:37 PM

Its a 1970, imported from germany by GM.

Forty04 08-01-2005 06:42 AM

no ****!! thats awesome. Welcome to the site, post some pics

Remmy 08-01-2005 10:46 AM

That sounds like an interesting project. Welcome to the forum. I wouldnt mind that Opel with the Lotus Elise engine in it.

Opelin Rob 08-01-2005 02:22 PM

Well, I dont have any pics now, theyre on the other comp. But...the elise engine is that from the Toyota celica gts(?) its their 1.8 that revs to 8 grand i believe, so it has not much in the way of torque, at least not as much as the rotory(never thought id be saying that).
-Rob

dvanvught 08-01-2005 02:31 PM

Hmmm Toyota lotus elise engine That just dont sound right. Ever heard of lotus before??!!

Opelin Rob 08-01-2005 06:29 PM

Of course I've heard of lotus, a family friend of mine has a early 90's esprit v8 tt...
But, rover, who formerly made the engines for the elise (the k-series, no relation to honda's) has just gone out of business. Plus, lotus had to get a good reliable engine that was already homologated(in america). so, they used a toyota powerplant, they just do a little in-house tuning before they send them to our side of the pond so they have slightly more power than the celica it comes out of, way less weight, about 3 times the suspension capability, and about 18 times the looks...
-Rob

Remmy 08-01-2005 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Opelin Rob

Well, I dont have any pics now, theyre on the other comp. But...the elise engine is that from the Toyota celica gts(?) its their 1.8 that revs to 8 grand i believe, so it has not much in the way of torque, at least not as much as the rotory(never thought id be saying that).
-Rob

Lol god no! The elise has the lotus engine... so does that opel i think it called the gt.

Remmy 08-01-2005 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Opelin Rob

-Rob

Lol god no! The elise has the lotus engine... so does that opel i think it called the gt.