New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to this forum...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Default New to this forum...

Hey all,
Im new to this forum and i have a '87 civic 1500. Currently, its my econo box, (which it does pretty well, over the last sever months ive only recorded a sub 30mpg once) as im also working on a turbo rotary powered Opel Gt project. But after i get done with that, i think i might try to do some things to make the civic a little more capable on the various dirt roads that are in the area. Oh, and i live in Nicholson, GA, about 15 minutes from athens and around 1.5 hrs from atl.
-Rob

Old 07-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Administrator
Default RE: New to this forum...

opel GT..what year is that??

welcome to the site!

Old 07-30-2005, 02:37 PM

Its a 1970, imported from germany by GM.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:42 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

no ****!! thats awesome. Welcome to the site, post some pics

Old 08-01-2005, 10:46 AM
HCF Member

That sounds like an interesting project. Welcome to the forum. I wouldnt mind that Opel with the Lotus Elise engine in it.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:22 PM

Well, I dont have any pics now, theyre on the other comp. But...the elise engine is that from the Toyota celica gts(?) its their 1.8 that revs to 8 grand i believe, so it has not much in the way of torque, at least not as much as the rotory(never thought id be saying that).
-Rob

Old 08-01-2005, 02:31 PM
HCF Member

Hmmm Toyota lotus elise engine That just dont sound right. Ever heard of lotus before??!!

Old 08-01-2005, 06:29 PM

Of course I've heard of lotus, a family friend of mine has a early 90's esprit v8 tt...
But, rover, who formerly made the engines for the elise (the k-series, no relation to honda's) has just gone out of business. Plus, lotus had to get a good reliable engine that was already homologated(in america). so, they used a toyota powerplant, they just do a little in-house tuning before they send them to our side of the pond so they have slightly more power than the celica it comes out of, way less weight, about 3 times the suspension capability, and about 18 times the looks...
-Rob

Old 08-01-2005, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Opelin Rob

Well, I dont have any pics now, theyre on the other comp. But...the elise engine is that from the Toyota celica gts(?) its their 1.8 that revs to 8 grand i believe, so it has not much in the way of torque, at least not as much as the rotory(never thought id be saying that).
-Rob

Lol god no! The elise has the lotus engine... so does that opel i think it called the gt.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:55 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Opelin Rob

-Rob

Lol god no! The elise has the lotus engine... so does that opel i think it called the gt.

Quick Reply: New to this forum...