New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new to forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Default new to forum

Hello all, Ive been reading a lot on this forum for a few days and have decided to join.

As of yet I dont currently own a civic, I dont actually own a car. Im a 16 year old, who in October wil be inheriting 10k for a car. Ive been reading a lot and talking with friends, and I decided on the civic for the amount of options and the support and parts available. They may not be "the best" but Ive already fallen in love. Ive decided on hopefully a 98 ex, and plan to put the following into my little speed machine...

AEM cold air intake
Skunk2 intake manifold
Greddy evo2 cat back
Greddy headers
B16a2 or b18c5 engine swap
venom 400 PCM
in the future, depending on cash flow, Id like to throw on a yet undecided turbo and an also undecided intercooler
externally i wanna keep it simple, maybe a mungen lip kit, and just the black paint, enkei rims if i REALLY feel like splurging

As of yet my car knowledge is somewhat limited. Ive unfortunealty outgrown my friends wealth of knowledge and am looking for more. If anyone knows any good website or books where i can learn about the inner working id appreciate a link.
Right now Im kinda worried about "direction." I just kinda want to go fast, but my focus isnt really set in a clear area.

Thanks

Old 08-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Default RE: new to forum

Welcome to HCF. Good to see a young kid, no offense, that wants to keep his car simple. Spend the $ on performance parts and not stupid looking extra weight. Have fun with it and good luck. You'll find alot of info here.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:43 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HCF. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Hey, there's someone on this forum selling a nice set of 16" Enkei rims for $300.....check em out

Old 08-15-2005, 12:07 AM

Welcome aboard!
I got a 98 EX and have no complaints!
Have fun moddin and good luck...

Old 08-15-2005, 02:09 AM

Welcome

Old 08-15-2005, 04:32 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Old 08-15-2005, 06:10 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll find tons of useful info here. Just use the Search option at the top of the page to answer any questions you may have. ANd if that does work, ask us, and we'll be more than happy to lend a hand. Enjoy your stay

Old 08-15-2005, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum! Youll like it here. Oh yea, grab a HCF sticker... it spanks the HP of a supercarger and attracts chicks to your car!

Old 08-15-2005, 07:09 PM

If you wanna learn the basics of the inner-workings of engines and cars, www.howstuffworks.com is an awesome place to start. Dude, with $10,000 you could build a super fast civic. I know you've all heard it a million times, but if I had 10 g's to spend I'd go all out turbo. I'd spend like 3 - 4 g's on the turbo setup, 2 - 3 g's on building the engine with super strong internals, and the rest on like engine and fuel management. That's just me though. Welcome to the forum!

Old 08-15-2005, 08:06 PM

The turbo idea was exactly what i was going for. I want to put as many go fast parts in as I can.

Quick Reply: new to forum