New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Guy -- '06 EXCoupe 5sp questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Default New Guy -- '06 EXCoupe 5sp questions

Hey there! Glad to behere on the Civic Forum.
Hopefully I will be able to get some feedback on issues with my '06 Coupe.
Like has anyone hadissues with right rear quarter panel noise?
Anyone have right front strut or motor mount problems?
How about the clock running fast?
So far they have fixed the strut and motor mount problems.
Honda is working on right rear noise problems now(but no fix,yet).
Clock has them dumbfounded.

Despite these problems, absolutely love this car! Previous car was a 97 Stratus 5spw/164k and leaking oil.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:45 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: New Guy -- '06 EXCoupe 5sp questions

hey there, welcome to the forum. I also have an 06 ex coupe 5sp. as for your questions here are you answers
-Not sure about your right rear quarter panel. This is the first time i have heard of this. i am also a member of 8thgen.com and there are thousounds of us on there, and i must say i havent seen any complants on quarter panel. Mine has no problems
-I personally dont have this problem but some people do, and all you do is take it in to honda and its fixed under warrenty(not sure of the tsb)
-clock runs a tad bit fast. after 6 months mine was 2min faster than my phone(i set it to my phone). Not a big problem to me. no fix
The only problems that i had was a rattle from my hood when i would come to a stop. to fix that all i had to do was twist the black **** on the front to press the hood up a tad.
I aslo had a rattle from my subwoofer, but they have a fix for that. other than that my car is great. I have rims fujita f5 cai, megan racing dp, and magna flow exhaust. aslo front and rear lower tie bars(megan racing). I really like my car.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback.
The dealer did take care of the strut & motor mount problem so that was cool (but it took 4 days).
The rear qp had them stumped for a day or two, they even had a mech. ride in the trunk(!) to figure out where noise was coming from.
But on the last day they had the car, they got an email from Honda saying some people are having this problem and they are investigating and are going to come up with a fix for it. The noise mainly occurs when its cold outside. Not sure where you're located, but it gets a little chilly here in Wisconsin.
The clock is fine when you first set it, then after about a week, its ahead by a minute. Then it gains about a minute every week. Since I had it at the shop last, its ahead by 3 min. now. Go figure.
I agree, the car is great, total blast to drive. 16k so far and it keeps getting better every day!
Got any pics of your car?

Old 03-28-2007, 08:19 PM
HCF Member

i notice my car was much "sqeekier" if thats the word.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:20 PM
HCF Member

i just noticed u were from wi. im from la crosse