New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

The new guy with a 92' hatch

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Default The new guy with a 92' hatch

This question has probably been answered but I want to know if a b16 will hook up to my stock tranny? I have asked some honda guys but some say that it will and some say that it wont so i dont know who to believe. My hatch is a white w/blue interior 92' cx. Nothing special yet, but i do have 17' motegi ff5 which I wish that i would of got 15's or 16's in a different wheel, also i have a full cold air intake and an exhaust. I've dropped my car 3 inches all around with areospeed adjustable coilovers and blue tokico struts. I did have the tokico springs but it wasn't low enough for me. Also 5% tint all around. I'm just trying to get an easy swap in by summer, so im trying to get all these lose ends rapped up. Hit me back please.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: The new guy with a 92' hatch

wow 3 inchs all around..thats a huge drop, post some pics up if you have any..im not sure on your question but if you dont get a anser..try posting in the tranny or engine part of the forum, how come you dont like the 17" ,rubbing i guess with the 3 inch drop?

welcome!

Old 02-28-2006, 08:49 PM

Yea i rub if i go around a corner kinda fast. Dont get me wrong...i do like the 17's on my car but i just want some lighter wheels thats all. Also i forgot to mention that i stripped the backend of the car by taking out the seats, spare and jack, and the carpet. Yea im trying to put some pics on this but its either im not doing it right or something because when i try to post one it comes up saying that the file it to big to fit so i dont know. I dont know what to open the pics up with. Also will the motor bolt up to my axles and stuff? I really want to know about the tranny because it would either save me money or make me spend more money so.......

Old 02-28-2006, 09:07 PM
HCF Member

what you have to do is open up a the paint program and then load the pic up in there..then go to image then go to streach/skew ..and put lower numbers into there till your pic is under 400kb or whatever the limit is, and like i sead..try posting the tranny question in the tranny question, some of the guys who no more about that stuff dont visit the new member section as much as they do that section

Old 02-28-2006, 09:31 PM

I'll try to get some recent pics this weekend and i'll try to post

Old 02-28-2006, 09:38 PM
HCF Member

well first off welcome to HCF, you picked the right place to come... and the right car to drive mine is the same inside and out(well when you didn't have it lowered and stuff lol), but it is a 93... but anyway to answer your question. i am assuming that you current engine/tranny are stock(other than the bolt ons) and if that is so then you have the D15b7 or somthing like that... so inorder to have the B16 swapped in there you would also to replace your Tranny with a Bseries tranny, cause the bolt pattern is different i think(kinda like putting a 4 bolt wheel on a 5 lug car).. hoppe that helps some(it always suck when you find out you have to pay more than you expected), and good luck... and if you cant find a B16a2, then try looking for a B18C1 from a GSR(that is what i plan on doing)

Old 02-28-2006, 10:04 PM

Yea thats what some of the guys said about the tranny wouldn't hook right up. Also will the motor hook right up to stock axles and stuff. i know the question is probably dumb but its just the the tranny question......some say it will and some say it wont so....

Old 02-28-2006, 10:18 PM
HCF Member

as for the axles.... hmm i don't know i would like to know that one myself for when i do my swappage[8D]... someone here should know the answer though.. maybe C5SpoonEG... he has a B18 in his car... i can't think of anyone else off the top of my head that has the B16 swap...but i know someone(minimum of one person) has it done

Old 03-01-2006, 02:23 AM

Im running JDM ITR Axles (36mm )

Old 03-01-2006, 02:25 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to the site.

Quick Reply: The new guy with a 92' hatch