New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Guy with 95 DX

Old 07-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Default New Guy with 95 DX

Hey guys, Im Jeff and I have a 95 DX stick shift. I dont have any pics of it but its got si rims, inside the seats are from a 2000 civic, angel lights, lowerd 2in. and its got a intake. the guy I bought it from took out the AC and the cat, to make it go 'faster'. I have had for a few months and I do the oil changes and everything on time. I just have a few questions for you guys if you dont mind:

- I noticed when i have about 1/4 tanks of fuel that the car is a bit sluggish(cant find a better word to describe it) compared to when its a full tank. When I have a full tank it seems that it feels a little quicker/smoother. can someone tell me why that is?

- just recently I have been gettin lower MPG than before, I havnt been driving it hard or anything. I drive the same route everyday and my tank seems to empty out faster.

- a few weeks ago i took it to the mechanic and he told me that my "gasket is leaking" and he said that its not a big deal and i dont have to fix it right away. Now he didnt explain to me what that really meant so i dont know. if someone can help me out here that would be great.

- last thing, can someone please maybe link me to a thread or something where I can learn about my dx, like what parts that are in it and what it does, and how to identify each part(I already read most of Howstuffworks). I know im a noob and i wanna learn as much as i can so thank you everyone is advanced.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Default RE: New Guy with 95 DX

any one???? pleasee helpp. pleassseee

Old 07-06-2006, 03:18 PM
HCF Member

whoa that is a lot of questions, well i can only answer a few.
About the dx ****ific things, there is a lot of information on this website just use the search, and you can find more information on the web.
About your gasket leaking, I am guessing it is your head gasket, that is what helps to keep the oil inside your engine, so if it is leaking a little bit, there is probably oil outside your engine.
About you getting lower mpg, it might be you fuel sensor or air sensor, over time they need to be replaced.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Stinky Administrator

welcome yes the search button can help alot if you have a head gasket leaking you wiil lose antifreeze too and if it is the h/g you need to get that fixed asap good luck