New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New guy here. 2nd Civic

Old 07-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Default New guy here. 2nd Civic

I'm John. I purchased a purple 93 Civic EX Coupe with a D16z6 and 5spd in June of '10. I drove three hours to purchase a car that I had only seen pictures of. The car had 200k on it and all that it needed was a Radiator and Alt both of which he had in the backseat of the car. I loaded the car on the trailer and off we headed. I get the car back to my shop and begin to replace the essentials, water pump, timing belt, thermostat, radiator, alternator and all the parts needed to pass state inspection. I removed the water pump and found a spider cocoon in the impellers. This thing had cooked and sat for about a year I would guess. He failed to tell me that. Anywho, I get the new parts on and about three days later, the tensioner lets go and bam, valve to piston sex occurs. I find a new/used head and install. It runs for a week after I purchase another new timing belt, and tensioner. This time it burns a valve. I send the original head back to the machine shop to have it checked, and shaved. I replaced the needed valves that I was told were bad. I was told cylinders one, three, and four needed new valves. Cylinder two was perfect. Installed new head bolts and get the car running. Guess what, cylinder two has about 20 psi lower compression that the other three cylinders. Oh the hell well, at this point, I'm just going with it. It just has a little bit of a rough idle but runs good otherwise. I'm trying to figure out whether to go D- series boosted or N/A B series. Pics to come in a bit