New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new guy HERE

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:36 PM
HCF Member
Default new guy HERE

Hey guys whats up, my names boris people call me boki or brian. Im 16 i just got my first car it is a 99 civic ex coupe, AUTOMATIC which sucks haha, I plan on sticking around on the forum and plan on learning more about hondas

Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 PM
HCF Member

welcome to HCF boris. any mods plan for the civic? or are you going to keep it stock?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:52 PM
HCF Member

thanks man, just plan on putting on some basic bolt ons, apexi N1 exhaust and im not sure if i should go with a cold air or a short air, some nice rims will do havent decided which ones yet but that is all i plan on doing.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:59 PM
HCF Member

look into apexi ws2 as well, its a popular choice. if your not going to be driving through huge puddles then a cold air intake would work. other wise get a short ram, you dont want your intake to suck in water. Also, when it comes down to civic the performance gain wouldn't be too much, i would decide base upon the look of it, do you like how the filter looks under the hood? or do you like the filter behind your front bumper? i cant really recommend you some rims just because there are many choices out there and vary at different prices.

btw... make sure to add a little drop onto your list

Old 09-30-2009, 11:15 PM
HCF Member

Nice ill take a look at it thanks for recommending, puddles are a no worry , i live in phoenix hardly get any rain. id definetly say i think it looks good under the hood. Ive been reading alot lately and know that i cant do much with this engine but i am ok with that, i love the body style of the car,

haha will do, what size rims would you recommend, i was thinking along the lines of 16 or 17's??

Old 09-30-2009, 11:31 PM
HCF Member

nothing more than 16". about 15" or 16" is good. 17" and above is too big on a 6th gen civic and ride quality would be harsh

btw... post up pics of your civic, so we can see what your working with.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:26 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to HCF Boris. I have been on this forum for a little over a month now and it is amazing what you can learn here.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:05 PM
HCF Member

thanks roadliner, ill post up some pictures today , mine looks kinda like the one in your sig, same color

Old 10-05-2009, 02:26 PM
HCF Member

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...p?albumid=1662

finally uploades some pictures, took me forever to upload them because ive been so busy lately,

the only change thats different on the car is that i have re-tinted the windows and changed the spark plugs.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

Ok, well I dont recommend you waste your money on a cold air intake/short ram intake, header, or even an exhaust since its an automatic. If you are just looking for the sound, you can easily just buy a muffler and have it welded on. Now if you dont plan on ever changing to a stick I would leave it at that for "performance" parts and start working on the exterior and interior. Get a nice suspension, some 15" wheels, lip kit....and other small stuff that you learn on the way. Power options for an auto, let alone a d16y8, are slim to none unless you turbo.

Quick Reply: new guy HERE