New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New here, not to Honda...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:16 AM
Default New here, not to Honda...

Hey everyone! I dont have a Honda yet. But I think im pretty sure on geting the new 06 Si here soon. I think it's goign to be close to 6-8 months. But id like to get to knwo everyone here and know everything i can about the new Civic's.I had a 98 Civic 5spd Dx before i traded for a 2002 Jetta 2.0 Auto. Now i kind of wish i didnt trade, but at teh same time it had ALOT of problems showing and would have needed it.

I just LOVE the new look of the Si and everytime i look more into one, the more i want it now! But just cant afford to do that right now. I hope no one gets to mad for me trading a Honda for a VW lol... All i can say is.. My old Civic was Deff. faster then the Jetta. Im pretty damn sure you guys know a 98 Dx has 106hp and 103tq... Well my Jetta is a 2.0 with 115hp and 122tq and its SOOOOOOOOOOO much slower then the Civic ever was. You could put an idiot that cant drive a stick and still beat my Jetta. So, that is why im looking into Honda again. [sm=drooldude.gif]

But anyways, I hope i get along really well with every one of you guys here. I cant wait till i can get rid of this POS. Ive had it since Jan 17th of this year. And already its been to the dealer 14 times, and atleast 11 of those has had new parts put on. Here is a small list if any of you wondered what a 2002 Jetta with 40k miles used to 52k miles (now) needs as far as work.

New tranny at 43k miles
New trans control module at 43k miles
New Coolent temp sensor at 41k miles
Heated pass. side mirror went out at 43k miles
Cat. at 51k miles
Front sway bar bushings and end links at 42k miles and 52k miles

Theres alot more. Just dont feel like typing all that. But you get the idea. I never once drove this car hard enough to ruin that many things. Here is a Picture of the Jetta and my old Civic.

Limo Tint and painted black wheels.

20% tint. And a few small things for the Engine lol...Ok.. so the Civic gets a extra picture.

Nice to be here, Joah
Edit:
Forgot one thing... Nothing every broke on the Civic i had. Only started having problems before i traded. And i drove the HELL out of that car. Being my first 5spd. I had my fun lol...

Old 12-15-2005, 06:49 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: New here, not to Honda...

Nice to see another VW owner seeing the light... I traded in my 99 GLX Jetta for my Civic, and I have never been ahppier. The Jetta was fast, but that was its only up-side. I towed that POS farther than I drove it...

Anyway, glad to have you aboard. If you can't find the info you're looking for by searching, post up, and we'll be more than happy to help you out!

Old 12-15-2005, 07:02 AM

Welcome to the forum!!!!!

Old 12-15-2005, 07:12 AM

[sm=welcomesign.gif] TO hcf. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 12-15-2005, 10:01 AM

You gonna get a black Si?

Old 12-15-2005, 10:41 AM
HCF Member

OMG! Hahah, for a minute I thought the VW you had was a civic with VW wheels... I was about to cuss.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:05 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum![sm=hiya.gif][sm=hiya.gif] makes me feel better that my 00 se is faster then somthing

Old 12-15-2005, 03:03 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys. No never again will i buy a black car. I find myself cleaning this car 2 times a week to keep it looking good. Since thats all it has going for it. And ive only beat a few cars. A cavalier is faster then mine car. [sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 12-15-2005, 06:18 PM

^^Ouch. Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-15-2005, 06:53 PM

Congratulations on getting out of the VW rut!

Quick Reply: New here, not to Honda...