New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to Honda

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Default New to Honda

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I've been a chevy person all my life. But decided I wanted better gas mileage.
I shopped around for awhile and decided on a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr. I love it. Drives better and get better mileage then any car I have ever owned. It's silver. I'm getting the rear window and rear passenger windows tinted on the 29th. I will then gettake a picture and upload it.

I do have a question though. I would love to get some rims on it. I just don't really care for the one's that are on it now. Do you think it will really effect the gas mileage? Righ now I get 47MPG if I behave.

I would just like to get some nice chrome rims for it (yes I'm from the old school and dont care about opinions ;o). ) and still reuse my tires.

Also. Do you think mudflaps will effect the gas mileage.

it's all about the gas mileage for me.

thanks, Bob

Old 01-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Default RE: New to Honda

I'm not sure about the rims, but the mud-flaps shouldn't effect the gas mileage. I had them installed on my 08 Civic EX Coupe and they're very light weight.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New to Honda

depending on the size of the rim u go yes it will affect ur gas mileage but it shouldnt hurt it that bad but if stayed on stock size i dont see any problem at all. mud flaps on a civic what are u planning taking it off road or something to that nature.