New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Honda Civic in the Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Default New Honda Civic in the Forum

Hey Guys , Just got married and Have a 1994 Honda Civic EX 4 door 1.6 VTEC SOHC. I need any Ideas on performance tips that arent that costly for now. any ideas would help. I'm in the Marine Corps so I move around alot but I have a kid on the way so I have to budget so if you can give me any ideas it would be great.

Old 11-28-2004, 05:29 PM
Default RE: New Honda Civic in the Forum

hey whats up man, i have the same car (in white). welcome to the forum and congratulations on the marraige and a the baby. as far as performance goes, i have a couple parts im tryin to get rid of, headers, intake, so just let me know. once again, welcome to HCF.

Old 11-28-2004, 10:03 PM
HCF Member

Congrats on the marriage, I was just married in June. Luckily, she likes my car enough to let me work on it all the time.

Old 11-30-2004, 06:49 AM

hey bud, i'm a veteran myself and own a civic very similar to yours. the intake sounds neat and makes the shifting a bit smoother, no noticable power gains tho, the header (i chose a 4-2-1) makes for a bit more torque climbing hills, again, no real noticable power gain, get the street legal hi-flow catalytic converter, no real power gains noticable but it smooths the shifting back down after adding the header. cat-back exhaust completes the circuit, all your hi performance parts noted above double in horsepower (given you have all of them installed) and you really notice all the work you've been putting into making the car a bit zippier..sounds nice, drives nice, kinda spendy for a nice cat-back exhaust but it wont sound all cheap either.

that's the order i did my stage 2 airflow upgrade in..gotta love the finished product

Old 11-30-2004, 05:55 PM
NTX
HCF Member

Welcome. Hope you like HCF.

Luckily, she likes my car enough to let me work on it all the time.
i think thats the key.