New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Honda owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Default New Honda owner

hello hcf,jus recently purchased this honda civic for about 1500.had a grand cherokee before but it was totaled...long story.so i needed a reliable car with good mpg.i have never owned one before but by lookin at some of these cars on here this car has alot of potential.i was wondering if you guys could help me out with some ideas and opinions on what i should do with it!also can anyone help on how to find out what type of motor i have?im thinking b16 but not sure.just did a complete tune-up yesterday but ran into a problem.not sure if this is the right spot to post it.

in chicago so havent really washed anything...bad weather

Old 01-07-2008, 10:52 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: New Honda owner

Here: gotta switch [IMG][/IMG] to [img][/img]

Old 01-07-2008, 10:54 AM

awesome!thanks.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 AM
HCF Member

No problem...welcome to the site

Old 01-07-2008, 01:45 PM

Is your vavle cover leaking oil? Or is that just road grime?

Degrease the hell outta that engine bay, run the car and make sure to check for any leaks. What year and model is the civic? And is it just me or does that ride have no A/C? I think I see the compressor, but no condensor!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

Where do you see a compressor? Probably just doesnt have A/C....looks fairly similar to mine...at least as far as that goes...I think you see the alternator perhaps?

Name:  Picture083.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  119.4 KB

**Edit...not having vtec sure gets rid of a ton of wires lol....so much less clutter under your hood than mine

Old 01-07-2008, 03:09 PM

im guessin the guy i bought it off try to screw me because like a week after the car started dying on me and all this trouble so i gave it a complete tune up and i noticed the plugs were terrible and the ignition coil was so beat up had to get a new one wich set me back 70 bucks.its just grime on the top because i think the radiaotor had exploded.had to change the distributor cap and wires bcause of the acid.this poor civic was in bad shape.

this is also some trouble.if you see the rubber hose leakin there thats what i tried to fix. the small fuel line that i broke that connects right below that bolt you see on the filter.trying to replace the fuel filter.its a small line that connects to it.only problem is i dont know if it reaches to the fuel rail or to then tank.anyone know?the hose goes over the line so you cant see it because its clamped.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:15 PM

its a 93 honda civic dx/cx? hatchback not sure what type of motor.can anyone help me figure that out

Old 01-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Stinky Administrator

welcome to the forum, here is a pic where to check your engine code you might have to clean it if its a dx it should be a d15b7 18 valve non vtec i can't remember the code for a cx. oh click on pic to enlarge
"edit" just remembered a cx has a d15b8 8 valve non vtec
[IMG]local://upfiles/8815/3702FABA54FF44AEAC1CEEFAF575D19F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-07-2008, 03:24 PM

thank you peg!

Quick Reply: New Honda owner