New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New to honda's in NH

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Default New to honda's in NH

Hello all. I've been picking thru the site since last night, and so far, like what I see. I just picked up a '95 Civic Hatch yesterday. I'm a GM gy at heart, but I'm also a gear head too. I guess you can say that I've come over to the dark side. The hatch has the 1.5L SOHC engine, as far as I can tell, looks stock under the hood. It does have an exhaust, or atleast a muffler, unknown brand.

I've got some learning to do, as this is my first Honda, and only my second import, the first was a '87 RX7. Being in the New England area, it has your typical rust spots on the rear quarters and fenders. Those will get fixed in time.

First up is front brakes as they are warped like a tin roof in a hurricane, and a driver's side window, as it's non existant right now. After that, gotta find some wheels to replace the hideous red painted steelies (might have a set of black ones from a friend). After all that, a good tune up on the engine, timing belt, tranny service (the shifter seems a little tight when changing gears). I plan on doing the body work and repainting it the stock dark blue with taxes. Then we'll do your basic intake and header back exhaust. then suspension and wheels.

The plans is to have a good looking DD that I can take to a show now and then, take to the track sometimes and to just have fun in.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:05 AM
HCF Member

Hey welcome to HCF! Goood to see you made it to the dark side, but seriously if you take care of it, this car should give you a great experience, the best part about Civic's is they can last forever.

Keep us updated on your mods and work you do, even start a thread in the Build Thread section.

Pics please too!

Old 10-04-2010, 07:11 AM

When I get home from work tonight I'll get some pics up. Gotta love the progress threads too. It's interesting to see what everyone else is doing and how they do it.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:45 AM
HCF Member

For sure the best part of these threads, thats why you need to make one once you start modding!

Old 10-04-2010, 12:14 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the Forum. Whereabouts in NH are you at? Parts for older Hondas are TOUGH to find in New England north of Tilton. I was rockin a 91 in VT though so you might have better luck with a 95. Keep those rocker panels clean in the winter!

Old 10-05-2010, 04:16 PM

Ya, the rocker on th epassenger side is shot, unsure of the driver side, as the skirt is still there. I'm in Claremont btw.