New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New member - already a question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 06:36 AM
Default New member - already a question

Hi, I'm a 24 year old Belgian and I have had my Honda Civic Coupé 1.7i ES (2001,92kW, 125bhp) for a couple of months now and I'm planning on adding a pipercross viper intake kit: http://www.pipercross.net/viper_product.asp
and I was wondering if someone here has some experience (good or bad) with this kit. After adding the viper kit I'm planning on adding a Power Boost Valve, new spark plugs and spark plug cables.
Are these some good mods to start with?

Any advice is welcome

thanks,

Peter

Old 11-29-2006, 06:40 AM
Default RE: New member - already a question

Never had experience with the pipercross, so I couldn't say anything about it. But IMO dont buy cables because stock cables would be fine... Instead, invest on a decent exhaust...

Old 11-29-2006, 06:46 AM

Ok thanks for the tip, what kind of exhaust would you buy? Supersprint, Remus,... these are the ones with a good reputation here in Belgium.

Thanks

Peter

Old 11-29-2006, 09:02 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

i would get any exhaust, depending on what you want. if you want it to flow out good or if you just want the sound. what are your future plans for the car?

Old 11-29-2006, 09:26 AM

I not very interested in a monster roar, I'm more into performance. My plans are to make it a 7 second (0-100 km, 0-62mph) or faster car. But in Belgium the tuning rules are very strict. Everything needs official documents, exhausts, bodykits and even rims, so you have to pay a lot of attention to what products you buy.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:54 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

dang that is strict, i would then go for an exhaust you know your going to like and you are going to trust

Old 11-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Ben

Im glad we live in a country where the laws aren't as strict, do you have any pictures of your car?

Old 11-29-2006, 04:06 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: pproost

I not very interested in a monster roar, I'm more into performance. My plans are to make it a 7 second (0-100 km, 0-62mph) or faster car. But in Belgium the tuning rules are very strict. Everything needs official documents, exhausts, bodykits and even rims, so you have to pay a lot of attention to what products you buy.
Man that is strict, and I thought Cali was bad[&:]

Old 11-29-2006, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: pproost

dang and i hope you dont mean 7 seconds in the 1/4 mile that would be very hard with a civic.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:48 AM

Hi I mean making it 7 seconds car for 0-60, in kilometers it's 0-100. And again tips are still welcome, maybe anyone here has a 2001 civic coupé with some good mods done to it.
I'll try to take some pictures at lunch break, because I start working at 8 AM and then it's still dark here and when I stop at 5 PM it also is dark because it's winter at the moment. But it's still original in every way. I was planning on buying the 17" silver tenzo r mach 10. But they where a bit expensive 330$ per rim without tires. Over here they are import
An other example of strict Belgian laws is the ground clearance which is not allowed to be lower than 4.5 inches, and if you buy height-adjustable springs, you have to let them be fixed at a certain height above 4.5 inches at an official workshop where you again will get an official document which hast to presented at the yearly motor vehicle inspection, oh joy

Quick Reply: New member - already a question