New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New member from Norway

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Default New member from Norway

Hi everyone,

Thought I should take the time to introduce myself the proper way. I'm originally from the uk but have moved to Norway to work and recently picked up a USA imported 1994 Civic Si hatch. I'm new to Honda car ownership but have 2 bikes; a VFR 750 from 97 and a CBR900 Fireblade from 1993. There seems to be a big follwing for the V tec civics in the US so I thought I might be able to get some help when it comes to getting the most out of the car.

Its bone stock at the moment but I'm heading over to another section of the forum to get some help with changing that.

Cheers guys

Old 07-17-2010, 01:31 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

welcome! what are your plans, do you got pics?

Old 07-18-2010, 12:45 PM

Hey man,

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't got any pics yet but I can post some up in the next few days. As I said its bone stock, all the way down to the 14 inch Si steel wheels! Nice. Its the SOHC V tec D16Z6, I'm pretty impressed with the mid range but looking to get it breathing better.

I've been looking at the parts available in the US and may consider shipping stuff over here as you guys have a much bigger range of suppliers for the aftermarket stuff.

Plans are:

AEM cold air intake

Some brand of header - any recommended?

De cat/ test pipe

Cat back Apexi WS2 system

Remove A/C as it don't work and surprise surprise don't really it here in Norway

Remove rusty peice of sh#t tow bar

Coilover kit of some sort and lower 40mm

Type R front lip

Spoon hatch spoiler

Black 16inch multispokes with some nice low profile rubber.

Remap to suit all engine mods. Just looking for good throttle response not really after big HP gains as I'm aware these mods won't net me much.

If I had the money and was in the US with all of the engine building and setup services you have over there I'd be looking at a nice turbo setup, but here its costs around 500 bucks for a remap. One of the most expensive countries in the world. But we get paid well so there is an upside.

I'll put up some pics soon.