New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new, soon to get a car

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Default new, soon to get a car

hey, I'm 16 and my parents are goin to get a 2007 civic coupe automatic as a third car for the family (which i goin to claim as my car). I am new to this hobbie. I gotinto the importthing beacuse i lived in Japan for 2 years beacuase my dad is in the navy, also beacuse i used to ride and fix my dirtbike. Now that i back in the states and i can drive now. i just want some tips/advice of what i can do to the car. i'm not really looking forward into ricing it out. Or doing big mods to it yet cause i dont have alot of money. i noe i goin to take a auto shop typeclass next year for school, when i in collegei want to majorsomething inautomobile but not sure what yet. i dont hav any pic of the car my parents goin to buy. so any susgestions.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: new, soon to get a car

welcome to HCF. thats tight that your getting a 07 civic but one question do you really want an automatic? and since your 16 you'll have alot more fun driving stick shift than an auto trust me! lol but ya enjoi your stay here

Old 09-30-2007, 04:53 AM

I really dont want my parents to get automatic. but i have no choice. a couple week ago i test drove a 08 honda fit sport stick and that was hard. is there anything i can do to the auto civic. i ask my dad when he get a 4th car cuase my brother will be 16 in a year to get it stick.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:28 PM

i have an 04' Civic Ex-VTEC (auto) D17A2

its my first car. and im 17.
i know how to drive stick jus fine, and obviously its more fun (and challenging)
but i think it would be a good idea to stick with automatic for a bit and learn how to drive well.

i dont regret that i didnt get stick, but seeing that im busy as hell, i kinda like having some free hands.

also, i think u shld just drive the 07 civic for a bit, let ur parents pay for it.
(trust me, payments/insurance SUCKS...use ur parents as much as possible!)

then buy something you can actually call your own and buy that car stick shift.

as far as modifying the 07 civic...its pretty good stock i would say.
but since your parents wont let you do too much.
then you should do good old short ram intake, exhaust, and headers.
it'll give u some horsepower, sound good (depending on what you get), and ur car will be able to breathe.

pc!