New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New in Tampa

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Default New in Tampa

Afternoon fellow Civic owners

I'm in Tampa, I'm 32 and this is my second Civic. I'm on a couple different sites, but you guys had some DIY and tech threads the others didn't. Only lurked for about 2 minutes before i joined.

My car is a 00 EJ8 and my mod list is subtle and effective.

Purchased the car in May 2011 with 170,xxx on the OD, since then..

replaced plugs, wires, head gasket, (as well as the rest of the top end gaskets)

installed a cabin air filter, did a radio relocation to the lower console(Sony S-200 i-Pod receiver), installed an alarm.

New brakes, tires, rear main seal, window tint, antenna block off plate(just need to install it)

Dropped it with a set of Tein S-tech's and Koni STR-T struts, BWR LCA'a, and BWR Camber kit F/R, and installed a Yonaka cat back exhaust and some knock off black out headlamps(resealed with new butyl rubber from retrofit source)

Started using Mobil 1 synthetic and K&N oil filter, as well as a K&N air filter.

Future plans include a new truck floor (just need to buy the plywood at Home Depot)

Also installing a new dipstick o-ring and Vtec solenoid next week because the head gasket job didn't fix my oil leak.

I'm gonna use imagebam instead of imgur because my files are pretty big and this site doesn't have an auto resizer...if that's an issue please let me know the sites image host of choice

Old 01-05-2013, 12:50 PM
HCF Member
Talking Hello Tampa Fla.

Thank You for joining the Forums...Glad to have you with us.

Great post with great looking pictures..keep that up and they just might make you a mod.

click the flag, it's for you!

GeeIWon

Attached Thumbnails New in Tampa-florida.jpg  
Old 01-05-2013, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

Looks nice and clean... Other than maintenance, do you have any other plans?

Old 01-06-2013, 05:00 AM

There's a lot of things i'd like t do, but I've been unemployed for three years and I have 2 years of school left.

So there's nothing but fixing whats broke unfortunately

Old 01-06-2013, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by abailey21
I'm in Tampa, I'm 32 and this is my second Civic. I'm on a couple different sites, but you guys had some DIY and tech threads the others didn't. Only lurked for about 2 minutes before i joined.
AWESOME! nice to know that the DIYs are being looked at

I'm gonna use imagebam instead of imgur because my files are pretty big and this site doesn't have an auto resizer...if that's an issue please let me know the sites image host of choice
I normally use photobucket and that sizes the pictures perfectly in my opinion.

Clean Civic and it sounds like you are headed in the correct direction with the mods! Welcome to the forum.