New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New uk user

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 06:56 AM
Default New uk user

Hi all, newbie here, im going to get civic on friday:-
Civic ESI Auto, 1 lady owner on private reg (i got that as well) full service history, metallic silver....

Big question now is, where do i start moding, i need some wheels for starters and what about under the bonnet, where do i start for the whooooosh factor..

Thanks for any replies. If possible if anyone suggests owt like wheels, can you give specific information like offset, best size for the car etc etc...

Again many thanks.

spevie

Old 09-27-2004, 02:02 PM
NTX
HCF Member
Default RE: New uk user

welcome to the forum. what year is the civic?

Old 09-27-2004, 03:09 PM

for wheels don't go bigger then 17 inch rims. I have seen rims as big as 20 fit on a civic, but that was a show car. Any bigger then 17 and your loosing speed. But I don't know how they measure rim size in the UK.

A good mod for starters would be a good cold air intake. It's easy to install and will give you a little more power. Add that to a header and a catback exhaust and you'll sound much better.

Old 09-28-2004, 01:27 AM

Hi there, its a 92 (K). Speaking of induction kits ( seen them on ebay) di i get a left facing one or right facing one. ( i mean when you are looking under the bonnet from the front does it connect to the carb then go off to the right or left) Had a look at a local motorsave shop, 300 gbp for a set of avarage 15" alloys with good tyres ( tyres depend on whats in stock at the time) Bearing in mind its an automatic, is there certain thing NOT to do....

Spevie, raring to go....

Old 09-28-2004, 03:01 AM

Hey Spevie,

I just fitted an induction kit to my civic Sport and the filter and hose feed from the same side as your existing air filter. Induction kit seems like the best place to start an it makes the engine sound sweet, especially when you floor-it!, only thing to be careful of is that when you fit it you have to connect a "feeder" hose to supply a direct flow of air into the filter, this goes under the car and I learnt the hard way that if it's too low speed bumps will put a few scratches on it.....!!!!

I used to have 90` civic DX before I got this one and they look the mutts nuts !!!! good luck modding!

Old 09-28-2004, 06:01 AM

I live in Great Britain, who can advise me wher to buy an induction kit from, not really into ebay so would like a local or not too far supplier her in England, ill do a search on the web and see what comes up, anyone any suggestions as to any suppliers......

Spevie

Old 09-28-2004, 07:49 AM

I also live in Britain, I went on the K&N web-site, checked out the make and model required for my car, took the part number to Halfords and they had it delivered within the week. All for about 100 quid.

if you are unsure about fitting the ripspeed guy at Halfords offered to fit it for 20 quid.

Check it out. Well worth it.