New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New and wanna mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Default New and wanna mod

Ya whats up, my name is Tony. I live in Louisiana and have a 1995 Civic Dx 4 door. I appreciate any information anyone can give me about parts and visuals. I put 17 in enkei 5+ rims on back in march, just because i couldnt have my car looking like everyone else. I put pictures up soon. Thanks

Old 06-13-2005, 06:12 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New and wanna mod

What up, Tony. I'm in La. too

Is it all stock except fo the rims? The most common answer on here is going to be I/H/E. And more specifically AEM CAI, DC Sports header, and GReddy EVO 2 cat-back. That's a good start.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:20 PM

Not used to the forum talk whats I/H/E? Do u suggest the dc sports headers over the greddy headers? Also with headers, which is recomeded, the stainless or the ceramic. What's the diffrence between the two and why are the ceramic cheaper? Let me know

Old 06-13-2005, 06:28 PM
HCF Member

Oh yeah, sorry. I/H/E is short for Intake, Header, and Exhaust. I would say you would be fine with either of those two brands for any of their products, but I think the edge (on this forum at least) would be DC. As far as I know the ceramic coating is much better at keeping the heat down in your engine bay. Also, in case you missed it, AEM is a manufacturer of Cold Air Intakes (CAI) and considered the bomb. Probably the first and most popular mod.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:39 PM

O ok gotcha. I was dead set on the greddy evo 2 until i came across the hks hi power and realized that it fit my car too. Which is preferred? Ya AEM is the CAI im going with, but i wanted the V2, but then i saw it only worked with manual transmission. What difference does tranmisson make? O thanks for the info on the headers

Old 06-13-2005, 06:49 PM
HCF Member

well i was also like you, had my mind set on the evo2 until i SAW the hks hi-power. i heard a sound clip and it sounded like a tin can. it looks better and all, but sounds too ricey.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:51 PM

There are pros and cons about ceramic versus stainless steel headers. As Street Sniper said, the ceramic coating is much better at keeping the heat down in your engine bay. Also, Ceramic lets the exhaust flow a bit smoother since it's also on the inside of the header.

Now for stainless......it's lighter, since it's a stronger metal, and it's thinner, which causes the sound to be a bit more of a "pinging" noise than ceramic. Stainless is mostly used for racing, in which they like to keep the weight down and don't care what it sounds like.

There are also 4-2-1 or 4-1 headers. The 4 into 2 then into 1 are mostly used for street, while the 4 into 1 are mostly for racing.

Old 06-14-2005, 12:59 AM

I think its safe to say that everyone here is in favor of the AEM CAI. What about the Injen, are they any good?

Old 06-14-2005, 01:04 AM
HCF Member

yea theyre just as good as AEM but much more $$$$......so why bother?

Old 06-14-2005, 01:35 AM

Injen has several different series of CAI's though? Most of the sights i visit only have the RD series for sale. Whats the dfference between them and is it worth spending the extra money to get injens higher end intake?

Quick Reply: New and wanna mod