New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new to you old to hondas

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Default new to you old to hondas

I have had older hondas in the past including a 1980 rhd honda civic. now i have a 1980 honda civic sw that needs a wiper motor and a battery. but I am working on a friend's 2005 honda civic dx that has been abused. the air filter was plugged solid and the timing belt hasn't been changed until a few days ago with 120,000 miles on it. the battery was bad as was the positive cable. I put a temporary one on but the car won't start now or even turn over something about not recognizing the key chip when I put the positive cable together I put the two from the fuse box in the temp clamp as the two other thick cables. one to the starter and I think the other to the alternator I haven't found a diagram for the battery hookup yet. someone a while back stole the radio out of the dash and left bare wires in there so I unplugged the radio plugin. all I hear is it ran before now it doesn't. yeah, but the battery kept going dead. so as soon as i get it running i need to check the timing belt . when it ran it would start off slow then gain speed like the timing was off a tooth.