New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie from Cincinnati

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:55 AM
HCF Member
Default Newbie from Cincinnati

Hello all, my name is Chuck. As the title states I'm from Cincy, OH. I have a 94 ex coupe with an LS in it. It just has basic bolt on's, i/h/e, lowered on eibach springs, strut tower bar, 50/50 si tails and sitting on HX rims. I get on a gew forums that are based out of my area but the ppl are turning into ****** so I'm just hoping to meet cool down to earth ppl who are into cars like me. I dont like ppl running their mouth so if you want to trash my thread please stay out. If you dont like my car thats cool, i built it not you so your opinion means nothing to me. With that said, to all the civil ppl on here its nice to meet you all.
So here are a few pictures. The body is kinda rough but in due time it will be clean.
Name:  waxed.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  52.5 KB

Name:  shinning.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  22.2 KB

Name:  bay2.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  169.8 KB

Name:  sidebay.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  162.2 KB

Name:  passenger.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  28.6 KB

Last edited by Chuckles'_LS; 08-21-2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: added pictures
Old 08-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Welcome to the forums... we try to stay pretty chill around here; there's not a lot of (non-joking) ride bashing that goes on anyway.

What plans do you have for the ej1?

Old 08-21-2009, 03:12 PM
HCF Member

Nice car clean *** bay welcome to the site

Old 08-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

OMG thats horrible.... na man just kidding. car looks clean to me. only thing i would really do is pull those wiper arms and repaint them black! thats all. looks pretty clean.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:13 AM
HCF Member

Thanks for the replies, i plan on doing an ls/vtec here in the near future, mild wire tuck to clean it up some,welding new quarters and get it painted. Yeah the wiper arms look pretty crappy, I need to paint them but i've been to busy lately.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Nice. Just a warning though... if you do the LS/vtec, either get a GSR crank or get an aftermarket bottom end, or don't rev past the LS's stock rev-limit. The LS bottom end wasn't designed for high-rpm applications, so you're going to sacrifice reliability if you do. That's why I always tell people to either build an LSV right or don't do it at all.

And is a drop in your plans? EGs look so much better when they're slammed... though I might be biased a little... here's my old ej1:
photoshoot4.jpg?t=1250976601

Are you painting it the factory color or doing a custom paint color?

Old 08-22-2009, 01:38 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum car looks good and will especially after the planned stuff mentioned

Old 08-22-2009, 04:43 PM
HCF Member

hey, welcome to the forums!
what part of Cincinnati, and as a fellow nati-dweller
what high school did you go to hahahha

Old 08-24-2009, 04:48 AM
HCF Member

I was planning on using a b1 head because thats what all my friends use and the cars are pretty reliable. Ifigured the tranny could handle much more than 7k because thats where the rev limit is set at now. I have never done an ls/vtec swap so I plan on reading up on it alot before i even start because i want it done right the first time. The EG is lowered on eibach prings, I need a lip so it looks lower. I like how it current handles so i dont plan on going any lower as of right now. The streets around here are pretty messed up so I dont want to go to low and damage my car. As far as color goes, I'm kinda diggin' the purple but if i stay with it, I'll go with a deeper purple. Otherwise Ive thought about black, deep blood red, or going with the ek metallic gray, you never see anyone paint the EG's grey, so it would look stock until someone realized it was an eg not an ek.

Hey sexypant, I'm from western hills, I graduated from dater. what part are you from?

Old 08-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Super Cereal Admin

I think you mean c1 head; the b18b1 is an LS motor whereas the b18c1 is a gsr motor.

But for the paint, have you thought about adding flake or pearl to the paint? I'm thinking either would look sick on purple.

Quick Reply: Newbie from Cincinnati