New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie here...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Default Newbie here...

Hey everyone...
Until last week I used to be one of those guys that called us "ricers"...hated Hondas like hell...
Had a '99 Chevrolet Blazer and kept it very nice and last saturday a guy comes up to me and says...do you sell your truck...I'm like...NO! He's like...I'll give ya 7 grand right here, right now...I'm like **** yeah! The way I kept it was worth more, but I simply was TOO tired of getting 11mpg's!!!
So I spent the rest of the saturday looking for a car. I saw this '02 Honda Civic EX that looke very nice, so I'm like, what the hell!, let's test drive this friggin' ricer!
WOW, I was amazed of how good this car is... feels pretty solid, fast, roomy, comfortable, nice a/c, so I bought it...filled the tank of gas, and guess what???have done so far 90 miles since saturday and it is STILL full!!!!!!dayum...what was I thinking before...I simply regret talking crap about Hondas...I love how this car feels on the road, specially on highways!!!
Will never, ever go back to american cars, ever! With the Chevy I had problems so often that it was like a child to me..time and money consuming...!!!Hondas have a reputation for being dependable, well my Chevy was not and I got tired of asking how-to's in the blazerforum.com and in the s10forum.com because I always had an issue with the bastard...I kept it nicely tuned, changed oil every 3.0K miles, waxed it monthly, changed anything that was about to go bad and anyways had to spend just too much money and GOT TIRED of it...

Sorry to have spoken so bad of Hondas before...really regret it...

Old 05-10-2006, 12:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Newbie here...

Lol, welcome! You will learn tons here.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:22 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

welcome to the good side...lol

im glad that you found that hondas were actually dependable and welcome to the honda family....if you have any questions just post them on the forum

Old 05-10-2006, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum!!!!!! dont worry..i was the same way before, i always looked down on hondas when i first got into the scene, but then i drove one and fell in love

Old 05-11-2006, 02:01 AM

Hi all!

I'm new here. My wife and I just purchased an 06 GF6 (Honda Civic Si)!

Will post up pictures later. I'm still speechless about the vehicle.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:04 AM
NTX
HCF Member

welcome to the forum. thanks for joinin up.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:20 PM

Thanks to the mods and other users for the warm welcome...
Appreciate it...

Old 05-12-2006, 12:08 AM

yep i was the same way, all about american muscle. but ya know i figure while dudes with big *** v-8 engines are blowin all their money on insurance and gas, were savin money to mod the **** out of ours. welcome to hcf

Old 05-15-2006, 07:41 PM
HCF Member

As a person who owns both a Hondas ('95 Accord LX, '06 Civic LX) and GM V-8's ('96 GMC Sierra,'72 Firebird) I appreciate the qualities of both types of vehicles. But I doubt you can seriously compare both types of cars as if they were similar- they are about the same as night and day.

I too used to bash Hondas until I bought my first Accord, and my first test drive revealed how well Hondas drove and handled. The fuel economy of theses cars is also very impressive, more than double that of any V-8 GM car. But I still have my full size truck and classic muscle car for obvious reasons. I use the truck for work and towing my Firebird to the track, and the Firebird is what it is- your baisc 400+hp 34 yr. old road racer.

There are very fast Civics out there, but how can you compare a $30k+ Civic to a $15k Firebird? If I spent that much on my old 'Bird you'd have a hard time looking at my taillights from far away. And there are guys who have done just that- upgraded their old pony cars with 650+ hp pro-built engines, overdrive transmissions, race suspensions, and all that other high- dollar stuff. I'd love to see a
hardcore Civic with even 350 hp try to to keep up with a Pro Tourer- they just don't have the top end for it.

Now if it were an 550+ hp Acura NSX, that might be another story...

Geno

Old 05-15-2006, 11:24 PM

welcome !!!

Quick Reply: Newbie here...