New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

newbie and i want to go faster

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Default newbie and i want to go faster

so whats is fairly cheap that i can do, i am brand new to civics i am used to a grand prix gtp. so i know nothin about my civic, besides its a damn good car. when i bought it it had a open air intake, exhaust and rims. so what else can i do to the engine ? thats not to hard or expensive?

thanks john

Old 12-06-2005, 04:48 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: newbie and i want to go faster

Dig around the forum a bit. I bet 10 minutes of your time here looking around will give you a good idea.

Welcome to the forum!

Old 12-06-2005, 05:02 PM

^ what he said..... i would suggest upgrading the lungs of the car.. i.e., headers, intake, cat-back, etc....

Old 12-06-2005, 05:17 PM

what engine you got in your civic?

Old 12-06-2005, 05:39 PM

ecu chip, header

Old 12-06-2005, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

You said exhaust, but that's pretty broad. Is it a cat-back or just a tip? Header maybe? First things first- complete the exhaust system. Header, high flow cat, cat-back. If you have those three, then we are talking intake manifold.

Old 12-06-2005, 09:06 PM
HCF Member

are you planing to one day go supercharged or a turbo?..and did you find out what kind of motor you have?

Old 12-07-2005, 05:18 AM

no super charger or turbo because i cant keep the car past 3 years because when i go back to the states it would cost alot of money to convert it to us specs oh and the engine number is D15Z61201970, i still havent figured out if its a vtec

Old 12-07-2005, 12:53 PM

if you wanna go high torque go for a crv bottom end and integra, i have a freind with civic coupe with that conversion and it eats nissan skylines off the lights-obviously that a bit far fetched for the moment but somthin to think about for the future.

Old 12-07-2005, 01:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AL@SCC

if you wanna go high torque go for a crv bottom end and integra, i have a freind with civic coupe with that conversion and it eats nissan skylines off the lights-obviously that a bit far fetched for the moment but somthin to think about for the future.
i dont do this often, but [sm=bs.gif] especially if you meant GT-Rs. i think your buddy is feeding you a line of crap. a CRV-Tec (i assume thats what you meant, but you didnt finish the thought) in a civic isnt going to do much better than a mid-high 13, which is a bit optomistic anyway. let alone being largely unreliable, esp when the driver cant bring himself to lower his shiftpoints to a safe level for the B20 bottom end.

as for the thread starter, you have a Vtec, rated at 125hp. not a bad start. you can put a bunch of bolt-ons mentioned above to make it a good bit quicker, or save up for a turbo kit and make it a lot quicker. either way is a decent way to go. Or, if you have the money, you can think about a swap to a DOHC. its all about your preferences and cashflow. it sounds like you want to stay pretty low-key, so just go with the bolt-ons. a good header, high-flow cat, and cat-back exhaust (if you only have a muffler changed out now) will go a long way for power, and then you can look into a cam, intake manifold, throttle body, and maybe some mild headwork.

Quick Reply: newbie and i want to go faster