New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie W/Tuner Show ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Default Newbie W/Tuner Show ???

Hi My Name Is Jeff T.
I am new to this site and to the Tuner Scene.
I am the Vice-President of the T.V.Cruisers a not for profit car club in Michigans Upper Peninsula. We have been having Car and Truck Shows For 12 years.
Well last year we opened the Show to Tuner Cars with an SPL Competition followed by a Bash after that went well into the night.
this years show will be July 29th
We are seeking input from the Tuner Crowd as to what type of contest to have. We are thinking along the lines of Video Competitions, Neon competitions, SWIMSUIT COMPETITIONS, Again any input would be greatly appreciated
Visit our Website tvcruisers.com
Or Email Me tvcruisers@yahoo.com
Thank You
Jeff T.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Default RE: Newbie W/Tuner Show ???

burnout comp. allways get me to any show...

Old 01-24-2006, 01:41 PM

newbie drag races!

Old 01-24-2006, 03:18 PM

Jeff,

Import owners who are proud of their rides do the same things as classic owners or motorheads. You should have an appearance cat., engine mod cat., an overall category, and some kind of race or something. import tuners generally do multiple things to their cars based on their budget, so limiting it to say...neon (which no one would want a title for by the way!) just wouldn't draw a crowd.

Keep things similar to your other car types in terms of contests and you'll do just fine.

BTW I am from Michigan as well as several others on this forum. I wouldn't mind going to "da UP eh!" for a show. If you run one before the aforementioned date, let me know...I'll cruise it out and give you some ideas for the import stuff.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:47 PM

Welcome to the forum!!!!

^ I agree with domestic. definately an appearance and engine mod cat. overall, and a drag race and possibly an auto-X.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

Ummmm..Yea what Dom. and Chimera said.... You might even consider a daily driver cat. I know there are a lot of people out there who are proud of their hondas...

Old 01-24-2006, 07:08 PM

Daily whip---good idea.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Chimera02EX

Welcome to the forum!!!!

^ I agree with domestic. definately an appearance and engine mod cat. overall, and a drag race and possibly an auto-X.
yes autoX for sure!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 07:29 PM

just went to this website and signed the guestbook. I popped a link for the forum on there encouraging folks to check us out for ideas on the show.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:56 PM

Dom I like what you said about the diversity of the car culture.
I also appreciate all the Input I have been getting from the forums. It is amazing how many people want to see the Tuner Crowd and the Old Guys do a show and have everyone enjoy themselves. The Bash after the show is where we can get a little crazy without adult supervision. On the burnout contest our show is on 22 acres of well manicured lawn. as for the dragracing LIABILITY and same as before an issue with the lawn. On the Auto Cross I am working on a Rallye for this fall if I can get the proper backing I would like to do a Yooper Rallye from one end of the U.P to the other about a 600 mile trip do it all timed no speeding one closest to the alotted time wins his/her class.
Thank You
Jeff T
Http://tvcruisers.com
I contacted the webmaster they asked if I would post the link on my front page I told them to send me their banner and address and I will do a major banner for them I have about 6 spots on the front page

Quick Reply: Newbie W/Tuner Show ???