New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newbie, Well sort of Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Default Newbie, Well sort of Newbie

Hi,

I'm James 'Ghosty' H, i have my own business where i fabricate parts for my 306 cabrio (currently working on that annoying rear window), anyway im 32, and live in swindon.

i have just bought this
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/lar...rv=1&current=2
i pick it up on saturday (hopefully, i need to sort out tax ect)

this will be the second civic coupe i have owned, the previous one i had for over 5yrs then i just fancied a change, also it was listed as an LSI, when actually it seemed to be an LS (manual windows converted to electric, and a sunrrof cut into the roof, both done by the honda dealer). so this time round i would not settle on anything less than an LSI with factory electrics all round.

i have been looking at getting one for a few months now, but could never find the right one, when this one came up i was very pleased, at last a white civic coupe, that is also an LSi and has 16" alloys (ssaves me buying them), also seems to have factory fogs added (yeah i know you can get em on ebay for £50 (again something i dont have to worrie about), there are 2 areas of concern which ammounts to rust in the usual places trailing edge of the rear wheel arches where the bumper connects, but i have a mechanic friend that can wield so not a big issue.

will post more pics when i have the car and taken some, on a side note as i wwant to keep the car looking fairly std (no bodykit, no alu spoiler ect) but inside im looking into a s2000 dash, possibly a re-trim in leater and contrasting white suade, possible others. also i was considering swapping the engine for the 1.5 sohc vtec from a del sol, but notice its not listed as an engine, imm fairly certain i have driven a del sol with said engine, unless it was just a 1.5 sohc.

anyway i rambled enough

Ghosty

Old 11-09-2010, 04:34 AM
HCF Member

Welcome sir! Looking forward to seeing you around maybe learning some and teacher other things.. lol.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by VtechPop
Welcome sir! Looking forward to seeing you around maybe learning some and teacher other things.. lol.
well im always learning, for instance i took apart an 07 plate vauxhall corsa to repair a dent in teh rear quarter, only to find that after i had stripped the boot of every piece of plastic and carpet in the way, there was no way to push it out as it was hidden in the double skin area where the wheel arch and internal arch meet, bugger, so i decided a different tact, and took the wheel arch liner out and removed the rear bumper moulding, to find the supposed dent was actually due to 3 broken bumper clips, so after a quick diy repair (using cyanoacrilate glue), and reassembeling the car it looked about as flawless as i could get it (i did tell her the only way to completly smooth out the surface would be to get a new bumper cover), she paid me £100 for the trouble, when in fact it was really no hassle, and had i have realised b4 that it was just the bumper had come uncliped she would not have had to leave her car with me for half a day.

moral of the story, check the simple things first, dont just assume that what you have been told is true.

yeah would be nice to do a meet or something in the south west, as there are a few tunned civics in swindon, not sure if there members on here or not, guess ill find out soon enought.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:26 AM

well guys some good news,

due to me telling my insurance off for there trying to charge me £17+ for 3 days extra, and then finally backing down, and me getting my tax for the car today, i will be picking it up tonight.

pics to follow.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:07 PM

right guys i have picked it up,

there is much work to be done,

need a new inner and outer arch on passenger rear,
needs a new outer arch on drivers side, may need a sill as well.
need the catch inside the car that opens the bonnet looking at as the cable is not attached (seems to long)
the fornt fog light electrics are a mess, so need to sort them out
the interior light need the bulb replacing and the plastic cover replacing (original is awol)
could do with a service and cam-belt change as god knows when it was last done
would benifit from new speakers all round
new head unit is called for as existing one is ****
electric aerial is not working
needs new toolkit as there is only the screwdriver in the boot,
passenger side window appears to be off its runner
drivers side window sticks,
thought the sunroof was ferked but that turned out to be frost related
could probably do with a new battery
possibly needs new brakes as the pedel hits the floor
some interior plastics need replacing as there dammaged
new boot wheel cover thing as current one is water damaged

ok thats all the bad points i have spotted, bare in mind it was dark so will have to find out more tomorrow in daylight. now the good points.

Has 16" TSW wheels (not sure of type, will post a pic tomorrow if anyone wants to try and identify them, there probably worth more than the car)
has full factory fitted electrics,
has the boot spoiler
is in pearl white
besides the bit of rust its quite a tidy car, bodywork wise
has a cold air intake kit
has a stainless steel exhaust

err cant think of any thing else atm, will ammend this list tomorrow when a i have slep for a few hours and b its day light.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:40 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you around!

Old 11-11-2010, 07:22 AM

right i have had a better look at the car in day light.

both rear arches are shot (inner and outer)
foglights just seem to be the wiring, so mite buy an ebay set, and have some spare lenses/switch etc, the lenses are fogged anyway.
bonnt pull handle is fine, its the cable thats to long so should not be to hard to sort.
can no longer get teh interior light cover as a single unit, so if anyone has one.
windows do work sort of, need new regulators, as motors are fine (are 2/3door regulators the same)
cambelt is fine had it checked
speakers will be swapped in due course as will the headunit

thre are some other bits but there not wort mentioning as its only rthe odd screw fixings ect,

on the brighter side, i bought an avital alarm/locking unit today for £25 (using my mates discount whre he works) so now i have to source a haynes manual to find the right wires to splice into.

pics would have ben done today but its been pissing down all day.