New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Picked Up My New Si!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 07:33 PM
HCF Member
Default Picked Up My New Si!

Well I picked her up last night and I love the car but not happy with the dealership and there are some issues with the car. I had a post last week about new car sales people and all the B.S. I've been going through. First of all the car was a different color than what I was told. Second it was supposed to have 2-tone leather seats but i'm glad they didn't go with the 2-tone after finding out it was Habanero red and not Rallye red. I left the dealership happy since the dropped the price $900 in order to get the financing to go through. I first drove to my parents to show them the car. It was then I realized the passenger seat belt was not bolted to the rocker pannel....even worse there is not even a hole for you to screw it in....no big deal to me since it's an easy fix. next thing i notice is that a trim piece on the door panel (both doors) is pooping off as a result of the leather work. This made me a little angry because I'm not a big fan of aftermarket leather for the very reason that my doors are messed up..a lot of the clips used on cars never seem to hold as well after they've been taken appart. Now here is where I'm really starting to get pist! I picked up the car when it was dark and snowingand I looked the car over best as I could since I'm very picky and border line clean freak. (16 years of auto deatiling will do that to you )
I go to wash the car today and notice that the front bumper had been painted!!! I called and talked to the sales manager and he assured me it had not but to come in Monday to have them look at it. My father owns a body shop so I know what to look for and it was deffinetly painted outside the factory. After talking to him I also discovered an area where a ding had been poped out and you can bet I'll be bringing that up as well. I do love the car and at this point I'm not sure what I'll do....feel free to post suggestions. oh yeah.....The sound this car makes once the vtec kicks in at 6000 RPM's is AWESOME!

[IMG]local://upfiles/7513/BFF60A64670840FD92AC7768AD782173.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7513/BC3CABC181B44E1C8683D3DAAC2A5AB5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-31-2005, 07:41 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Picked Up My New Si!

OOO your so lucky. That sucks about all the complications, but just be happy your in a freagin SI with 198 HP!!!!

Old 12-31-2005, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

yeah I scared the crap out of my roommate when I took him for a ride last night...I'm sure it might have had to do a little with him not having a seat belt but damn is this car fun to drive![:-]

Old 12-31-2005, 07:45 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like you are messing with one of the dumbest dealerships in the world.

Old 12-31-2005, 07:49 PM
HCF Member

well lets just say it wasn't my first choice....or second....nor third [8D]

I wonder if I can make them take it back and get me another becuase of the fact that it really isn't a new car now that it's been painted....at least not in my eyes.

Old 12-31-2005, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: RaskyR1
I wonder if I can make them take it back and get me another becuase of the fact that it really isn't a new car now that it's been painted....at least not in my eyes.
If you complain to them enough its possible lol, especially since they didnt tell you about all those problems in the first place

Old 12-31-2005, 07:58 PM
HCF Member

Yeah...I'm thinking it will depend on how fast they would be able to get a new one of the same color. I'm very happy with the color and I haven't even seen it in the sun yet. If not maybe I can get them to through in some fog lights and a few oil changes or something.

Old 01-01-2006, 12:03 AM
HCF Member

i think you're dealer screwed you. It sounds like he got a trade model from a dealership.

how do you not get the right color for a car when you order it from the factory?

and the front bumper being painted is another tip off. run the VIN number on carfax.com, although if the dealer fixed it themselves it won't show up.

another tip off is the dealer went down $900 on a car that's selling for MSRP and higher, not lower.

either way, enjoy the car while you got it. lol.

Old 01-01-2006, 12:44 AM
HCF Member

looks good man, i like it....i love thos seats, they looks so nice, to bad about all this stuff u had to go through but what can you do, no one takes pride in there job anymore

Old 01-01-2006, 05:58 AM

Looks good.[sm=gears.gif]
I'll take one in black.
Leather seats are definitely a plus too.

Quick Reply: Picked Up My New Si!