New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Pictures of my 1999 HX

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 06:02 AM
HCF Member
Default Pictures of my 1999 HX

Here are the pictures that I took this weekend. This is completely stock 1999 HX. This will be my before modifications pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of my 1999 HX-p1010067.jpg   Pictures of my 1999 HX-p1010068.jpg   Pictures of my 1999 HX-p1010069.jpg   Pictures of my 1999 HX-p1010071.jpg  
Old 09-05-2009, 07:23 AM

Welcome!

What mods are you planning on doing?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:38 AM
HCF Member

The current plans are as follow:
defoggin headlights, de-badgeing (on my motorcycles I always took all of the factory markings off, is that what everyone does on the cars as well?), AEM V2 CAI, complete exhaust (the ex swap), short shifter and bushings, grille (looking at one from A & R Racing on ebay), eventually I would like to look at lowering the car a little and doing some suspension work, paint and maybe a new stereo (something nice nothing over the top).

But you never know because there is a shop in town that apparently does some outrages stuff with Honda's & Accura's. They have a hatchback right now that is running about 400hp.

BTW does anyone have any experience with A&R Racing from ebay?

Old 09-05-2009, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

clean hatch, nice platform to start with. if you ever want to sel those hx's let me know. always loved those rims

Old 09-05-2009, 09:56 AM
HCF Member

link to the a&r grill? the only aftermarket grill i like is the type r style ones. for debadging i just removed the "hx" and the "civic" emblem and left the "H" there. sounds like you got some sweet mods coming, cant wait for the update

Old 09-05-2009, 10:07 AM

Is it like the one I have?

If so, do you wanna trade grills? I cut up my stock one trying to do something with it for some stupid reason since I was bored one day.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
link to the a&r grill? the only aftermarket grill i like is the type r style ones. for debadging i just removed the "hx" and the "civic" emblem and left the "H" there. sounds like you got some sweet mods coming, cant wait for the update
Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

As far as the mods they will take some time. First of all I want to do the mods mostly on my own. Not sure about the suspension mods though (that is trying to do them on my own). BTW if anyone has recommendations on where to get these parts please pass them on. It is also my dd so the mods will have to happen in a weekend and I can't spend all weekend in the garage and expect to keep my family happy

Old 09-29-2009, 03:14 AM
HCF Member

Change of direction on the mods......

I have found a B18C5 with lots of goodies that I can put into my HX for $6000 complete. That would give me about 260 WHP (plenty).

So that is part one of the plan. What I would like to do is make it a sleeper. Make some mods that are not too noticable but will help the overall drivability of the car.

I would like to get some ideas from the forum members. Some thoughts I had were:

1. Honda Civic SI rims and some nice rubber (not sure what is available looking for ideas).

2. Suspension - drop the car about 1.5 " all the way around not sure what else to do to make it handle better (ideas?)

3. Rear disc brakes (either integra or si), maybe all 4 not sure why I would need to swap front ones (suggestions)

4. Front lip and grille. One person told me I should go with an SI spoiler (1999 vintage).

5. Repaint the car.

Please send me your ideas.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:14 PM
HCF Member

good motor to work with.

- i agree go with some si wheels and lose those hx's. though they are good set of wheels

- drop the car about 1.5" i recommend tein s-techs with some kyb shocks. but i'm thinking since your going all out, maybe some adjustable coilovers?

-forget about the si spoilers, go spoiler less.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by roadliner
Change of direction on the mods......

I have found a B18C5 with lots of goodies that I can put into my HX for $6000 complete. That would give me about 260 WHP (plenty).
wat kind of goodies? seems like a lot for a c5

Quick Reply: Pictures of my 1999 HX