New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Proud new civic owner stopping to say Hi

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:51 AM
HCF Member
Default Proud new civic owner stopping to say Hi

Hello everyone I have looked all around the the website and I am really glad I decided to join as everyone seems to be loaded with information and shares the same facination for cars. I have just bought my first car ,because I am tired of having to borrow my freinds and my parents cars, it just hapens to be a green 98 Civic LX it has about 160,000 miles on it but its in great condition plus it was what I could afford. I should have pictures of it by Thursday and my plans include 16" rims, 1.5" drop, Cold air intake, Magnaflow exaust, and seibon lip although this will all be after I have the car in mint condition which should take about $250 to get it there. Eventually I want to get a Vtech swap but that will be in a while.

What other things would you guys suggest that I get for the car?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:06 AM

Welcome to HCF! Let me be the one to inform you it is vtec not vtech. Vtech is a phone company. What will the car need to be in mint condition (referring to the $250 you stated)?

Oh yea, I think all of the mods you mentioned (16'' wheels, mild drop, intake and non-ricey exhaust, and a lip kit) will be perfect! Thank you for not coming on here saying you're planning on installing a body kit and some 18'' wheels. You would have been flamed. lol

Old 08-03-2009, 09:23 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forums my friend feel free to ask any questions and yes all of your mods are non rice and sound good for any civic. 16' is a perfect wheel size IMO and the drop and lip make the body.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:31 AM
HCF Member

Well it needs all the fluids changed and filters plus a tailight and break pads.

My little brother wanted to put 18" rims on it and a bodykit plus a 1000 watt stereo system. I was like yeah right dude I wanna be respected not laughed at plus I enjoy the way a elegantly finished car looks.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 AM

Nothing really wrong with a sound system IMO. A few people on here have some nice set-ups because they are into that sort of thing. Just don't be one of those people who ride around in neighborhoods and sit at stop lights with the subs just pounding like crazy. that drives me nuts.... no one else wants to hear that ****. lol.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:44 PM
HCF Member

Thats really the way I feel and I am fine with the stock sound system although I might get a better radio and maybe some JBL speakers but to go in the same spot as stock and nothing over 300 watts because anything else is absurd in my opion because you cant use all of it.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:25 PM
HCF Member

I like having a decent system. Like I have two 10' Subs and a 650 Watt Amp and stock speakers, nothing ridiculous.

Civics are just not made to be riced up and any normal Civic owner would agree with that because it just doesn't look right and you will just be laughed at.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:34 PM
TOKYO DRIFTZ

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Welcome to HCF! Let me be the one to inform you it is vtec not vtech. Vtech is a phone company. What will the car need to be in mint condition (referring to the $250 you stated)?

Oh yea, I think all of the mods you mentioned (16'' wheels, mild drop, intake and non-ricey exhaust, and a lip kit) will be perfect! Thank you for not coming on here saying you're planning on installing a body kit and some 18'' wheels. You would have been flamed. lol
^^^ i was not flammed!

EDIT:this is what you talk on

this is what is under your hood

Its okay everyone needs to learn one day.. and today is your day!!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:08 PM

lol Kfock... I quoted Nike from your intro thread....

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
your a girl so you wont get bashed dont worry
Also, the pic you show of the proper way to spell "vtec".... that would be insane if he had that set-up in his car for realz. haha

Old 08-03-2009, 02:40 PM

Welcome, enjoy your stay, and don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Quick Reply: Proud new civic owner stopping to say Hi