New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Question about modding.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Default Question about modding.

Well I got my 03 civic si less than a month ago, and have since put on a A'pexi cat back exhaust and an injen intake. I am craving more power, but do not want to turbo it yet, that is coming in the far future. What other mods are there for me to do that will increase the performance. I know headers will be one of them. As far as performance chips go. I have been looking around and cant really find what im looking for. A plug and drive chip is what I am looking for. Any help is great! thanks

Old 10-23-2006, 09:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Question about modding.

A chip wont do too much for your car unless you have a lot of mods. Just search around and ssee what other people are doing to increase the performance of their cars.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:08 PM

get some dc headers!....some new cam shafts...small things in ur engine could do the trick!

Old 10-23-2006, 09:08 PM

that's what i have been doing. I see what some people have done, but some things dont add up. I was hopeing someone who knew a thing or 2 about hondas could point me in the right direction. Do you know where i could find plug and drive chip? What parts would you suggest adding before chip?

Old 10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
mxs
HCF Member

well most people on here don't have experience with the K-series engine. You can get a Hondata reflash just for the stuff you have done already. you can read more about it here: http://www.hondata.com/kproducts.html

edit: specifically this page http://www.hondata.com/reflash_civicsi.html

Old 10-23-2006, 09:16 PM

that reflash looks pretty interesting? 595$ is it worth the money?
See the performance gains now.
What about a plug and play chip?Better? Worse? If better where can i find one.
What other mods should i be looking into, someone mentioned cams, is their more i can do without opening the motor.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:03 PM
HCF Member

Honestly if I were you since you do have some plan to turbo it down the road sometime, I'd just save up for the a nice turbo kit. You'll be getting rid of all those bolt ons once you decide to get a turbo. Getting a header wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. I mean, it's not a slow car. But if you've got the money then great. I actually do not so that's just the road I would go. Maybe you're not thinkin about doin that for a really long time though. Am I diggin myself into a hole here? lol Good luck.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:36 AM
HCF Member

^ what he mean was that all these little things work ok with your car, but they are only bolt ons. After you get the turbo, you will need to replace a couple of things , so it might be just a waste of money. You should just save up for the turbo and get everything that fits with the turbo.