New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Ready to buy Civic 06 EX

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Default Ready to buy Civic 06 EX

Ready to buy an 06 EX (non-navi) and I'll admit I'm intimidated by the whole process. My last car was a 1995 Saturn (no haggle pricing) so I've not had to play the dealership game before. Any advice on how to not look like an easy mark? I've got the dealer invoice info. I know these cars are popular and I'm not likely to negotiate down very far but what can I expect? I've gotten the impression that $500 off the MSRP is a good deal for them.

Is this a good time to buy or should I wait? Does Honda have sales incentives on Civics?

Ugh--if my Saturn hadn't been totalled I'd have more time to figure this out.

TIA

Old 08-21-2006, 11:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Ready to buy Civic 06 EX

Best advise is not to look too desperate for the car, take your time and research the car. And as a bargaining chip look at some defects that the car has or recalls and let the dealer know, see it that lowers the price a bit.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:05 PM

Have contacted several dealerships so far and they all indicate that these cars are selling fast and at sticker price. Also that by the time the 2007s come out there won't be any 2006s left to be hand on sale. Does this sound legit? Should I just bite the bullet and buy now or wait for the 2007s (if I'm going to pay sticker I might as well get the newer model?)?

Old 08-22-2006, 01:20 PM
HCF Member

the 07 might be a tad more expensive. They are right, they are selling at sticker price.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:53 PM
HCF Member

The ex are selling at sticker price? i thought they went down on that price especially without navi. I know that they raised the price for the si and no lower, but for the ex also?

Old 08-22-2006, 10:49 PM

yup their selling at sticker price...the dealships can't seem to keep them or get the hands on them. i had to order mine. Took 4 weeks to get. the si was going to be a few months to get....so i went with the ex...and mine was right at $25,000. got every option except the upgraded wheels and fog lights(fog lights to be installed next week)

Old 08-23-2006, 03:10 PM

OK I did it--I pick up my royal blue pearl/ivory interior 06 Civic EX on Friday. Sticker price unfortunately but I just won't tell anyone about that (besides this board of course). I'm sure it will be worth every penny. [sm=shades.gif]

Old 08-23-2006, 10:35 PM

awesome....congrats on the new car. gotta take some pics when you get it

Old 08-25-2006, 03:29 AM
Stinky Administrator

welcome to the forum and congrats on your new civic

Old 08-25-2006, 06:37 AM

I went to the dealer to help my mother buy her first new car (05 Accord LX) and I have to put my 2 cents in on this one. Most dealerships will try to talk you into getting options you dont need like wheel locks for $45 when they only cost $15! They will also try to confuse you with the paper work, dont sign anything unless you under stand it complettely. Also, a cars value is depreciated the minute you drive off the lot, and dont expect to pay MSRP, dealer fees and taxes bump the price up $3,000-$6,000 easy. My brother and I work for Crysler and wev'e seen plenty of people get talk into things and end up paying more. Knowing what you want and not taking anything else is probly the most important thing. Hope this helps.

P.S. Reveiw and keep all of the paperwork.

Quick Reply: Ready to buy Civic 06 EX