New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

rWhat up?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Default rWhat up?!

Yo whats up everyone? I just registered to these forums so I am pretty new. Figured why not see if I could talk to some people that actually know more about my car than I do. And believe me it doesnt take that much to know more than me. Quick question though. How long do you think it would take to drop an integra engine into a 88 honda civic hatch?

Old 12-05-2004, 01:37 AM
Default RE: rWhat up?!

Can't help you with the engine question but welcome
There are alot of people here that know what they are talking about so you'll definatly find this site usefull I know I did.

Old 12-05-2004, 01:49 AM

I gotta 88 Honda Civic Hatch DX and the wheel wells are rusted pretty bad and the doors are both dented. My car is in pretty bad shape. A friend of mine said we might be able to swap engines from an integra at the junkyard so i was just wonderin if you can do that or not.

Old 12-05-2004, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

yeah, you can. you will need a few parts though. you will need a mount kit (check ebay) engine, transmission, ecu, engine wiring, shift linkage, axles, and all the manifolds and stuff from the integra. for simplicitys sake, get the motor and everything out of a 90-93 integra.

Old 12-07-2004, 05:11 PM
NTX
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: DeiblerDelux

Yo whats up everyone? I just registered to these forums so I am pretty new. Figured why not see if I could talk to some people that actually know more about my car than I do. And believe me it doesnt take that much to know more than me.
welcome. hope you like it here so far.

Old 12-10-2004, 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

yeah, you can. you will need a few parts though. you will need a mount kit (check ebay) engine, transmission, ecu, engine wiring, shift linkage, axles, and all the manifolds and stuff from the integra. for simplicitys sake, get the motor and everything out of a 90-93 integra.

How much do you think it will all cost for all that stuff? Like the cheapest and the most expensive.

Old 12-10-2004, 02:03 PM

How long do you think it would take to drop an integra engine into a 88 honda civic hatch?
I don't know if you'd be doing it yourself, but I've done three B18C into 4G hatch swaps, and I can crank through them in about 7 hours. I doubt you'd be able to do it this fast, but just giving you an idea.