New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Shopping Time?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Default Shopping Time?!

I'm wondering if I should make my civic exterior and interior before performance or vise-versa.... Which is easier and will give me more in the end?!

Old 06-06-2006, 10:40 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Shopping Time?!

Which ever one is easyer for you I say performance.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:28 PM

I just figured out that I have an 02 civic dx... How well is the performance upgrade on this compared to the other generation cars? Does dx mean high standards or bottom of the list?!

Old 06-06-2006, 10:35 PM

WELCOME! performance is so much better to do first..imo

Old 06-07-2006, 05:38 AM

ORIGINAL: ToRcHeD

I just figured out that I have an 02 civic dx... How well is the performance upgrade on this compared to the other generation cars? Does dx mean high standards or bottom of the list?!

the DX is a lower model, the 01-03 civics (7th generation) are slow out of the factory and dont respond as well as the older gens to modifications. I had an 02 ex (Si up here in Canada) and it was quick in 1st and 2nd but the rest was sad. I had all of the usual bolt ons as well as what you can see in my gallery. The only real performance gains would come from swapping an RSX 6 spd motor into it and that was too expensive for me so I sold it. My suggestion is enjoy it for what it is, an economy car. Maybe throw some wheels on it and make it fun to drive. I wouldnt worry about the performance end of it too much unless you like a loud exhaust.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:57 PM
HCF Member

ya i have a 00 se..dx motor, its a nice car and i love it, but that motor is not made for power or anything, so im just making it look nicer,did 1 or 2 performance things but thats it..when its time to get a new motor then ill be looking into performance

Old 06-07-2006, 03:17 PM

i say it depends on how much $$$$ yous got to play with, if you got like 5k, ****, throw a new engine in it! if its like 1-2k i say do performance i.e. intake, exhaust, header, tire/wheels... less than that i say do cosmetic stuff, but thats just me. Either way enjoy it and let us know what you do.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:41 PM

(From Canada) and unfortuantly I don't have that si (vtech) model everyone craves about hahaha... Regardless, appearance is a cheeper way to go right now because I don't have 10 k's to waste on a new engine and such... Either way, the car is what I've been waiting for, for a while, so if it was stock I would sill enjoy it hahaha...

Do you think ebay is worth the while for rims and such?!

Old 06-09-2006, 08:08 PM

Good call. I would make the car look and feel a little nicer first also if money is a question. Try http://www.tirerack.com/ for some wheel ideas and shop around. Im dont ebay much so I cant really recommend it.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:52 AM

Makes sense - thanks for all the help/advice!

Quick Reply: Shopping Time?!