New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

somewhat new... but not a civic driver

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Default somewhat new... but not a civic driver

I have been lurking and posting from time to time here over the last few months. I like this forum cuz its a little slower paced than some of the other's, and most members here are friendly and helpfull. I dont drive a honda, and to be honest with you i was never interested in honda's till the new civic's, specifically the si's came out. I cant get over how pimp the interioris in the new civic's. but i have recently gained a new appreciation for all honda's.... but im not giving up my IRL!!!

I drive a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline... recently blew it up, to much boost and the stock pistons didnt like it LOL, cracked the ringlands right off of the piston in cyl 4, and cooked 2 others. So im upping the compression a bit, with some Diamond Racing forged pistons, bored it out .040(not much, just wanted a fresh surface on the sleeves), arphead studs, and 3" exhaust from the header back. sticking with a 2.7" pully on the blower, so i should still be boosting around 19-20 psi, but i think ill loose a little with the new exhaust. also having the entire rotating assembly re-balanced.... and a few other goodies. hoping for around 300-320whp with the new build.... and hopfully a 12 sec time slip.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:09 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: somewhat new... but not a civic driver

don't forget to retune or you'll have another project on your hands. lol.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:38 AM
HCF Member

good luck with that...that motor held 19-20psi stock? i have a new found respect for ions!

Old 03-08-2007, 01:41 PM

the tuning is being done by teh pro's mang... im not messin with any of that. i can turn wrenches, but im green when it comes to tuning.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:47 PM

that motor held 19-20psi stock? i have a new found respect for ions!
not all Ions... only the Ion Redlines with the LSJ motor(they only produced about 5800 of em from 04-07). some have twincharged and put down 23 psi on stock internals... i wouldnt do it, and i wouldnt expect it to hold togeather for to long, but they are out there. in all honesty, the pully i had on there was probably to small and may even be taking the blower out of its efficiancy range, and i would change it, but i plan on swaping the M62 out for a whipple twinscrew in the near future anyway.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Administrator

so you blew it up, because you were running too much boost, so you are increasing the compression?

...and yes, i wanna run.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

so you blew it up, because you were running too much boost, so you are increasing the compression?

...and yes, i wanna run.
if you blew up a motor, wouldnt you build up? I cant see any reason to build it back to stock. cast pistons didnt like all the boost, the forged pistons can handle quite a bit more. now im tyring to decide wheather i want to stick with the blower, and throw some juice at her, or keep the blower and twincharge, or scrap the blower and go full turbo.