New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

sterio install

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:17 PM
HCF Member
Default sterio install

so im considering building a sub box for my civic, but i also would like to put in an upper rear strut bar.. and im running into a problem of having both... thier in each others way.. i was considering pulling out the rear seat as its really not needed... but what do to about all the exposed stuff that pulling the rear seat out will cause? does anyone have any pictures of a 97 civic rear seat removal and how to dress it up? i really dont wanna block all access to the fuel pump, so i'm looking for some creative ideas...

Old 03-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Default RE: sterio install

the only thing i have seen anyone do is fiberglass but i dont like the way it looks and it takes a lot of time to do. (i hate using fiberglass although i know how) take a pic of your trunk and im sure i will come up with something though.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:33 AM
HCF Member

have you ever thought about building the strut bar into the box. I work at a custom car audio shop and we do stuff like this all the time. they are both removable pieces, take the box and build the strut bar into it. but unless your going to race the car on the track the rear strut bar is pretty worthless (my opinion.) but if you just want the strut bar at least you know your box is not going to move around. or your other option would be to do a rear seat delete with a removable bottom panel for your fuel pump put your box on the rear delete (or wall it up) and then leave your trunk open.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:10 AM
HCF Member

yea, one of the ideas that i had was to pass the strut bar through the box and then seal it up... but that really screws up the design of the box... the basic thoughts that i had was to take out the back seat bottom and 2 backs, take some 3/4 mdf and just basically build a wall where the back of the seat was.. then cut through that and go into the box... i mean i like the thought of having the box secured by the strut bar, but the problem is that with the box design i'm working on, having the bar go through really screws everything up...

Old 03-22-2007, 11:08 AM
HCF Member

you can also make your box shorter and longer...depending on your sub size...i know i have no room for my 12s on either side but thats becuse my amp sits in front of it. also, you could do a false floor sub box...i wouldnt put the bar through the box, but thats just me.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 AM
HCF Member

a false floor sub box? im not following.. where would this be? i dont want to give up my spare tire.. so i'm guessing your talking about putting it in the back floorboards?

Old 03-22-2007, 02:58 PM
HCF Member

mine fits pretty nicely, although my sub box is a monster and i have no trunk space as a result.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:26 PM
HCF Member

yea, see thats what i'm trying to avoid, i need to carry a spare, and i need to be able to get to it without having to pull the sub box out on the ground on the side of the highway like i've seen some do... thats just sillyness...