New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

strange question about location of emblems

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Default strange question about location of emblems

Ok, I have a 98 Civic EX, and I noticed on the rear of the car, the Civic emblem is placed just above the driver side tail light and the EX emblem is placed above the passenger side tail light... HOWEVER, every other Civic I've seen on the road has the Civic emblem above the passenger tail light and EX below the same tail light. And to top this off, I barely touched the Civic emblem and it fell right off lol.

What I was wanting to know is this... is the way mine are located the "correct" way or should it be the way I've seen others? And if it is the wrong way, how could I affix these the correct place? (like what kind of adhesive would I use?)

I know this is a weird and stupid question, but I just want my car to look "normal" lol.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:43 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: strange question about location of emblems

On mine, before I took them off, the civic was above the pass. tail and the EX was below the same tail.

Hope it helps.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:52 PM

that is helpful, I think what I am going to do is just pull mine off for now (well the Civic emblem already fell off, I'll pull of the EX too I guess because it looks REALLY weird with an EX and no Civic on there) and try to find a friend that has a Civic to find approximate places where they should be (I know it sounds like I'm being **** about this, lolol, and I know a lot of people here just pull them off them anyway, but I'm just trying to have a Civic that looks like it did the day it was purchased brand new... just to give you an idea of how bad I'm being about this, as much as I want to replace the factory stereo, I'm keeping it in because I don't want to lose my factory installed remote keyless entry)

Old 11-13-2006, 12:06 AM
HCF Member

You can have an aftermarket stereo and still have your keyless. I have mine that way. PM me tomorrow and I will get you the part # that you need to do it.