New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Stuck O2 Senor Plug on '95 Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Default Stuck O2 Senor Plug on '95 Civic EX

Hi Everyone,

I have a 1995 Honda Civic EX with a cracked exhaust manifold. I have a replacement manifold kit, but I am finding it very difficult to just get past the part of unplugging the O2 Sensor! Does anyone have any tips for "unsticking" a stuck O2 sensor?

I saw a video of someone unplugging one, and it looks very simple, but I am using all of my strength, and I can't get it to budge!

Thank you for your help!
~Mike F.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:26 PM

Wait, are you attempting to disconnect the plug from the harness? If so, there should be a tab on one of the side that you have to push down first before pulling the connectors apart.

If you plan on re-using the o2 sensor on the replacement manifold, it is best to try and remove the o2 sensor from the manifold first if you have the room.

If you are talking about removing the sensor from the manifold, use an o2 sensor socket and get a decent sized breaker bar. The more leverage, the better.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Wait, are you attempting to disconnect the plug from the harness? If so, there should be a tab on one of the side that you have to push down first before pulling the connectors apart.

If you plan on re-using the o2 sensor on the replacement manifold, it is best to try and remove the o2 sensor from the manifold first if you have the room.

If you are talking about removing the sensor from the manifold, use an o2 sensor socket and get a decent sized breaker bar. The more leverage, the better.
I am trying to unplug the O2 sensor from the harness. I already tried pushing the tab down and pulling the connectors apart - it won't budge.

I have no room to remove the O2 sensor from the manifold. I can't get any leverage in such a tight space.