New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

As of three days ago...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Talking As of three days ago...

Hello all. I'm obviously new to this forum, since i'm posting here. I bought myself a 1995 civic ex, 2 dr, 4cyl 5 spd. I'd be more than willing to post pictures but don't know where the proper place to do that would be. it's about as stock as they come, no aftermarket parts, there's not even a spoiler, but the body is in very nice condition...which makes me automatically want to make it look even nicer.

In short i'd love to make this car all it can be. I'm in love with it and i've only had it for three days...the problem is i haven't really been a car guy until i bought this car, and i have a feeling it's the gateway to start caring a lot about my car and the way it looks and performs.

If you all have any ideas on what i should do to the car, performance wise or overall looks, interior and exterior, i'd love to make this my piece of art, the best it can be. Money is no object (i'm not rich, but i have a job, and so if i don't have the money now...i will). Any suggestions? All i know for now is the basics. I'd love to put on aftermarket exhaust, sound system, air intake, headers, body kit, spoiler, bucket seats, etc. etc. Let me know what you all think! Thanks a lot you all.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Banned

well ditch the body kit, and dont put a spoiler on it unless its a stock one off a different type of civic. i say start with intake header and full exaust (not a loud annoying one)

Old 04-13-2009, 10:22 PM

why no body kit or spoiler? like i said i'm new and i'll probably look stupid saying this, but... i want my car to look like something off fast and furious you know? something that when i drive people will stare and say damn....look at that ride.

any good brands for the intake header and exhaust?

Old 04-13-2009, 11:08 PM
HCF Member

lol people will say.. dam look at that ride... that *** is retarded , i feel bad for his acar with all that riced out stuff all over it...

thats exactly what i say...

no offense we have all wanted the whole riced out with body kit and spoiler look i know i did, but luckily for me i was broke at the time lol

and how old are you??

Old 04-14-2009, 12:09 AM
HCF Member

yeah dont do the whole body kit scene. That era is dead. Get a front lip and rear lip, they look really good and give you a more agressive look. As for mods, it all depends on how much money you have. For now I would just get a catback exhaust. That way you dont waste money on a header or intake, because you might be interested in a turbo build and getting a turbo would cancel out the normal header and intake. After the exhaust I would lower it and get some 15s or 16s. Good luck, modding your car costs money so beware it becomes addicting LOL

Old 04-14-2009, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by newcivic95ex
why no body kit or spoiler? i want my car to look like something off fast and furious you know? something that when i drive people will stare and say damn....look at that ride.
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

If YOU want a body kit, YOU buy the kit for YOUR car. Many members dislike body kits, that includes me. However, if your saying money is no object to a point, then by all means.

You can just create a free account on Photobucket.com for pictures. On every picture you add, photobucket will provide you with some links. You would us the "IMG code". Just copy and paste that code here. Be sure to change the IMG to img (in the beginning and end of the code), otherwise, the pic won't work properly.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:13 AM

alright, alright, i get it. body kits suck. it was just a suggestion, like i said i'm new that's why i'm asking what would look good on my car and what not. and a turbo would be nice....i'm not exactly sure what that is (blush) but i know it's better than a regular engine, so i'll just go that route i guess. as for the picture i can just post it in this thread?

Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by newcivic95ex
alright, alright, i get it. body kits suck. it was just a suggestion, like i said i'm new that's why i'm asking what would look good on my car and what not. and a turbo would be nice....i'm not exactly sure what that is (blush) but i know it's better than a regular engine, so i'll just go that route i guess. as for the picture i can just post it in this thread?
In many members opinion, body kits do suck. As I was saying, if YOU like it, remember, it's YOUR car. Do what you want with it.

A turbo kit will require at least $2000 (I can stress the "at least" part enough). You have a lot of reading/research to do. Turbo's are great if properly set-up/tuned.
Read this:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...t=42034#400322
And this:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=68360

Yes, just copy and paste the IMG code that photobucket provides, change the IMG to img on both sides of the code and your set!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:29 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
In many members opinion, body kits do suck. As I was saying, if YOU like it, remember, it's YOUR car. Do what you want with it.

A turbo kit will require at least $2000 (I can stress the "at least" part enough). You have a lot of reading/research to do. Turbo's are great if properly set-up/tuned.
Read this:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...t=42034#400322
And this:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=68360

Yes, just copy and paste the IMG code that photobucket provides, change the IMG to img on both sides of the code and your set!
you dont have to change IMG to img. Atleast i dont. If you decide to go the turbo route, make sure you do lots of reading or i guese you could just have someone install it if you not willing to to spend about a year learning how a car works and how a turbo setup works.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:27 PM

hope this works. i'm sorry if they are too big i don't know how to resize them. thanks for the links all, i will definitely start to research it.

Quick Reply: As of three days ago...